Why Is the Republican Field So Extreme? (Read 2137 times)

Ostrich runner

In what society was poverty ever eliminated?

The Federation did it. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

The Federation did it. 

They had warp drive first.  We're not there yet.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Great news. Yahoo News is reporting that the Capitol Police are investigating a story by the Onion that Members of Congress are holding children hostage demanding $12 Trillion in cash.

I'm sure we are all relieved to hear that the Congressmembers are not the only morons in Washington.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

L Train

They also had that food creator where you could just say "Tea, Earl Gray, hot" and have it magically appear.  Though the farm lobbyists would probably nix this technology.

the holodeck as displayed in Star Trek would clearly be the opium den of the future.  there's no way there isn't a line a mile long at each holodeck.  But I would hope they scrub the holodeck really well when each person is done. 

the holodeck as displayed in Star Trek would clearly be the opium den of the future.  there's no way there isn't a line a mile long at each holodeck.  But I would hope they scrub the holodeck really well when each person is done. 

You might say the same thing about the portajohns at HHFFM.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Crisis of Capitalism...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsEUs0xK5KY&feature=related

I don't think I agree with all of this, but I found it very interesting.

If any of you have read through these 54 pages of forum posts, you may enjoy spending 10 minutes watching this.  Very interesting (especially the summary).

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You might say the same thing about the portajohns at HHFFM.

Double the portajohns this year.

But dude, you are a guy.  The world is your toilet.

Feeling the growl again

But dude, you are a guy.  The world is your toilet.

Based on what I witnessed at the Chicago Half Marathon, we are nearing equality of the sexes on this one.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I believe it was the invention of the replicator that helped the Federation eliminate poverty. Just sayin.

MTA: And what L Train said.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Dave

Crisis of Capitalism...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsEUs0xK5KY&feature=related

I don't think I agree with all of this, but I found it very interesting.

If any of you have read through these 54 pages of forum posts, you may enjoy spending 10 minutes watching this.  Very interesting (especially the summary).

Not sure I've ever heard a Marxist argue economics.  Interesting on the surface.  Huge underlying flaws in the real world.

But worth listening.  I can see that swaying the a closet Marxist.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ostrich runner

Not sure I've ever heard a Marxist argue economics.  Interesting on the surface.  Huge underlying flaws in the real world.

But worth listening.  I can see that swaying the a closet Marxist.

Wow, we must have had different profs. I think the point, nonetheless, is that there are huge underlying flaws in capitalism as well. I don't think either system has shown to work worth anything once they approach their purer forms. 

Dave

Wow, we must have had different profs. I think the point, nonetheless, is that there are huge underlying flaws in capitalism as well. I don't think either system has shown to work worth anything once they approach their purer forms. 

Or maybe I should've actually attended those lectures.  But I'm not sure if my prof was a Marxist or not.

There is this wonderful technique of argument where you start by assuming that the opposing view is taken to the most extreme.  Capitalism must be free from all regulation.  Libertarian views must be extended to where government ceases to exist altogether.  Conservatives want to eliminate all social programs.  

Then it's relatively simple to defeat that viewpoint even when the other party never held that viewpoint to begin with.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ostrich runner

Yep. That's reductio ad absurdum if memory serves.

Or maybe I should've actually attended those lectures.  But I'm not sure if my prof was a Marxist or not.

There is this wonderful technique of argument where you start by assuming that the opposing view is taken to the most extreme.  Capitalism must be free from all regulation.  Libertarian views must be extended to where government ceases to exist altogether.  Conservatives want to eliminate all social programs.  

Then it's relatively simple to defeat that viewpoint even when the other party never held that viewpoint to begin with.