RA Update (2/16) (Read 1393 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

I made an update to RA.  It does not contain all my latest changes because some of the features are not fully tested yet.  RA needs to be updated in order for the testing to continue.  Aside from some cosmetic changes in this release, I changed how the time zones data is handled.  Your time zone is now automatically detected so even if you travel to another country, the time will also be correct.

For the first time since the launch of RA, I changed the browser cookie format so it can store additional data.  I tried to make the transition to the new cookie transparent but for some reason it prevented the proper time zone detection for some of the beta users.  You'll be prompted to log in if you have enabled the remember function.

Underneath the hood, I made lots of changes to prepare for the upcoming features.  If you see anything out of the ordinary, please let me know.

eric Smile

You know, this seems like as good a time as any:

Thank you, Eric.  When I was getting started in May of last year, I stumbled onto this site.  Thanks to you, I have my whole running history (since high school) here.

You rock!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
      Emil Zatopek

e454545rt

Hi eric thanks for the update. 

One thing I did notice, it's 9:36pm Thursday here on the east coast but it says that it is already Friday on both my calendar and my main training log page. Maybe the date just got messed up? Just thought I'd let you know.

keeponrunning

I noticed the larger font on some parts of the site right away.  Because I hate wearing my glasses except when absolutely necessary, I like it!  Thanks!!  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Hi eric thanks for the update. 

One thing I did notice, it's 9:36pm Thursday here on the east coast but it says that it is already Friday on both my calendar and my main training log page. Maybe the date just got messed up? Just thought I'd let you know.

Montco,

Could you try logging out then logging back in to see if that fixes the problem?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I don't know if it's related, but I can post again on my Kindle Fire, because this is back in mobile mode. You had changed it to mobile a few weeks ago, but a few days later it reverted to full browser mode again. In any case, this is my Kindle test, and it's working.

an amazing likeness

There's something wonky going on with time zones....posted at 1:03AM Eastern, reported back as posted at 6:03AM.  0603 is the current UTC time.

(Poked around in the Options and Locale settings, but don't see any place to set my time zone preference.)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

There's something wonky going on with time zones....posted at 1:03AM Eastern, reported back as posted at 6:03AM.  0603 is the current UTC time.

(Poked around in the Options and Locale settings, but don't see any place to set my time zone preference.)

Andy,

Try logging out of RA.  It'll force the site to detect your timezone again.

mta: I forgot to remove the old cookie code, which as I mentioned earlier, somehow interfered with timezone detection.  That code is now removed and you maybe prompted to log in.

Thanks for the update...

I always had to manually change the time when uploading a run, so this saves me some trouble. 

(time for a small donation...)

Running in Belgium
                    Ann

Thanks for the update...

I always had to manually change the time when uploading a run, so this saves me some trouble. 

(time for a small donation...)

Thanks for the donation Ann!

Not that it matters anymore but I'm curious.  Why do you have to manually change your time when uploading workouts?  Do you run in one timezone but live in another?

No, to run in another timezone than were I live, I'd have to take the Eurostar-train to London first.

I record my runs with apps like Runkeeper or SportsTrackLive.  On my phone and on their site, the (local) time of my run is displayed correctly.  However, when I downloaded the gpx-file and uploaded it to RunningAhead, a different time was displayed.

In the past, I remember to have been playing with the settings of the site, to change my time-zone to one that allowed me to have the correct time displayed immediately, but I didn't find out which time zone could do that (at least Mid-European time resulted in a wrong time.)

I must admit, I haven't been bothered with it any more in recent weeks, and just changed the time in the workout to the correct time. 

Running in Belgium
                        Ann

e454545rt

Eric, just checked in this morning, logged out and logged back in and it correctly says Friday today. I believe it's now correct. 

Let me add my thanks, eric Smile, for all that you do.

Andy,

Try logging out of RA.  It'll force the site to detect your timezone again.

Maybe it's just me, but RA always has timed me out (i.e., logged me out) after about 15min of inactivity.

One thing I've noticed is that I can no longer browse training logs without myself being logged in.  Minor, but I liked having my own training log up ... and if I get timed out, I used to be able to still see it.  Not any more ...

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hi Eric

I uploaded two runs from my Garmin this morning. One from yesterday and the other from today.

The time of day is correct, but the date it set to the day before I did the run. For example I ran this morning at 6:22 AM, 18 Feb. When I uploaded from the Garmin the date was set to 6:22 AM, 17 Feb.

I changed the date to the correct day and saved the workouts.

Now when I go to my summary page today's run isn't included in the summary. I suspect that tomorrow, or maybe after1:00 pm today it will appear.

My time zone is UTC +13 hours (New Zealand)

Thanks

Geoff

Geoff

bulfrog

Mr Slowly

Hi Eric

I uploaded two runs from my Garmin this morning. One from yesterday and the other from today.

The time of day is correct, but the date it set to the day before I did the run. For example I ran this morning at 6:22 AM, 18 Feb. When I uploaded from the Garmin the date was set to 6:22 AM, 17 Feb.

I changed the date to the correct day and saved the workouts.

Now when I go to my summary page today's run isn't included in the summary. I suspect that tomorrow, or maybe after1:00 pm today it will appear.

My time zone is UTC +13 hours (New Zealand)

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Eric, 

I'm also in UTC + 13 hours and I'm seeing the same thing as Geoff. The date is defulting to yesterday, and the graphs/running totals are missing the current days workouts. 

Thanks,

Andrew. 

Ironman, why be slow in 1 sport when you can be slow in 3