Macrobiotics and Running (Read 561 times)

Recently I've been dabbling in Macrobiotic cooking - mostly because it's just so darn yummy. But, MAN, the food makes me feel great too! Does anyone out there have experience with a macrobiotic-type diet and running and whether the two jive well? One of the oddities of macrobiotics is that they state you should only drink water when your thirsty - I guess there's a lot of water that you get from the food, so there's no 'Drink 8 glasses a day' rule. Thought that was interesting. On a side note, I took a digger this morning walking out onto my porch with my slippers, right before my run. Needless to say, the slippers are in the trash and I went running anyway. Ankle hurts a wee bit this morning though. Hopefully no major injuries - I wouldn't want to lose my momentum so early in my running career Smile Kimmer
    My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me

Princess Cancer Pants

Interesting...I like that it encourages unprocessed, healthy foods...but I couldn't live without my coffee, red meat, eggs, and dairy (I am a Wisconsin girl, after all! Wink ): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrobiotics#Amount_of_Yin_and_Yang_in_the_products I've never gotten into the whole "8 glasses/day" of water thing, either. I drink when I'm thirsty. This means some days I only feel the need for 6 glasses of water, other days I need 10 or more. Weather and the amount of activity and sweating definitely are factors. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown