Worst Online Forums? (Read 1189 times)

Okay, so I have noticed that the forums here are great, because everyone is so supportive and kind to each other... but I also know that not all forums are like that... What are the worst forums you have ever been to (in terms of the people there)? I'll start: www.protrade.com- It is a great website idea, but everyone is so hung up on making virtual money. I remember when it was first starting up, people posted whatever they wanted and as long as it was entertaining or funny (or relevant), people liked it... now, the people get angry at you for doing that because it isn't related to making virtual $$$$. I hate it there... Any others?
    PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I find that women-only forums are usually really freaking annoying...or boards that are predominately women (with the exception of women of RA--we seem to be less catty and cliquey as a whole...maybe because we have more to talk about than just our kids, scrapbooking, or the latest crock-pot recipe Smile ). Probably why I don't watch Lifetime TV. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I find that women-only forums are usually really freaking annoying...or boards that are predominately women (with the exception of women of RA--we seem to be less catty and cliquey as a whole...maybe because we have more to talk about than just our kids, scrapbooking, or the latest crock-pot recipe Smile ). Probably why I don't watch Lifetime TV. Wink
        LOL on the Lifetime TV thing..... Hub refers to this channel as " Lifetime... Television for Bitches...." Wink Agree! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOL on the Lifetime TV thing..... Hub refers to this channel as " Lifetime... Television for Bitches...." Wink Agree! Smile
          I would MUCH rather watch Spike TV...they have James Bond marathons *swoons* Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I've always called it "The Man Bashing Channel"

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

I'll bet you thought I was going to say Active/Coolrunning.com? I find that the yahoo groups are the most disappointing because people use them to clog your mailbox with spam. I was also disappointed with marathonguide.com's forum.
              I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
              finney

Resident pinniped

www.livingwithstyle.com It's targeted mostly for younger people, but they treat each other like GARBAGE over there. I bumbled in looking for advice on hamsters, hung around for about a week until I realized it was a big mistake. They have not one, not two, but THREE boards that are dedicated to flaming and they get brutal. I mean brutal brutal. Internet or not, some of those comments over there have GOT to hurt. For example, some kid apparently PM'd someone else telling him to shut his mouth about him, he'd been abused by his parents, etc etc. This was a PRIVATE message. Now it probably wasn't wise for the kid to send it in the first place, but he/she probably got emotional or whatever and didn't think it through. The recipient of the message posted it as a sticky on one of the boards so that it wouldn't drop down and would give everybody the opportunity to poke fun at this kid who told someone something privately. I could go on. But even for a place for teens, young adults I think it's just harsh and of no real value.
                  It's a ripoff of something awful too.
                  "On most days, run easy. On some days, run hard. But not too hard."

My legs are killing me

I've always called it "The Man Bashing Channel"
                    Every "Lifetime" movie theme: Man treats woman badly. Woman kills man.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Every "Lifetime" movie theme: Man treats woman badly. Woman kills man.
                      Let that be a lesson to you boys... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

My legs are killing me

Let that be a lesson to you boys... Evil grin
                        I hate when my wife watches Lifetime movies. I'm afraid she is getting tips on how to kill me. Big grin
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hate when my wife watches Lifetime movies. I'm afraid she is getting tips on how to kill me. Big grin
                          So there really are women who watch that? Is she under 45?

~ Sarah Kay

I basically ignored whatever movie was being watched - I'd read a book or do some work. I started getting worried when I heard my DW make comments under her breath like "Ooh, I didn't know that would work", or "Cool - that's not messy at all!" Now she sits there, writing in a notebook... I think I heard her mutter "REDRUM" a couple of times. Maybe I should buy some flowers - or leave. Big grin Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

I totally agree. I used to read weightwatchers.com boards. They can be so catty. Especially the General Daily Thread. Sometimes the women there are just sarcastic and trying to make a joke, but other times it comes across a extremely evil.
                              Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers

My legs are killing me

I basically ignored whatever movie was being watched - I'd read a book or do some work. I started getting worried when I heard my DW make comments under her breath like "Ooh, I didn't know that would work", or "Cool - that's not messy at all!" Now she sits there, writing in a notebook... I think I heard her mutter "REDRUM" a couple of times. Maybe I should buy some flowers - or leave. Big grin Big grin
                                Did she ask you if you've paid the life insurance bill? Mine has. No