my crossfit/paleo freinds hate wheat (Read 836 times)

TJoseph

You can get corn tortillas that are not fried.  That is actually more authentic.  They are better for you anyway.  Unless you think corn is evil.  Which paleo does.

I know you can get them not fried.  I was just using that as an example.  I always fry the corn ones though, it is much tastier.  I use the flour tortillas for burritos and quesadillas.

TJoseph

Taco shells are not tortillas and they are not Mexican food! They are taco hell's effort to popularize Fake-Mex!

You can't argue with success!  It tastes good.

Taco shells are not tortillas and they are not Mexican food! They are taco hell's effort to popularize Fake-Mex!

A lot of so-called "mexcian" food is fake...and tasty!

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

A lot of so-called "mexcian" food is fake...and tasty!

Very tasty Smile

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I know you can get them not fried.  I was just using that as an example.  I always fry the corn ones though, it is much tastier.  I use the flour tortillas for burritos and quesadillas.

Back when I was young and of sturdier stuff, I loved Mama Magdelena's flour-tortilla-deep-fried chicken tacos.  If those weren't authentic, I don't know what is.

NHLA

Very few people have a real problem with wheat.  Doc can tell you with a simple test.

I am waiting for the don't eat chicken fad.

#artbydmcbride

You can't argue with success!  It tastes good.

I love the little doggie in your avatar!!

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

Very few people have a real problem with wheat.  Doc can tell you with a simple test.

I am waiting for the don't eat chicken fad.

It's called vegetarianism.

Or the blood type diet, but that fad might be over

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

TJoseph

I love the little doggie in your avatar!!

He was a puppy in that picture, but he isn't any bigger now six years later.

RandomRun

Well,  since I eat wheat every day and am ridiculously heathy, I have no plans to give it up, ever.  I do choose whole wheat over the processed white stuff whenever possible, though (including tortillas).

I thought rice was the evil grain du jour because of the arsenic thing. I eat lots of that too (brown).

TJoseph

I think the biggest thing that most people have to fear in the health game is their own genes.  Quality of life is important too and I wouldn't enjoy eating much without wheat, rice, potatoes, chicken, and beef.  And bacon, especially bacon.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I need to make up a disease one day and sell a book and supplements.

TJoseph

You have to start with some symptoms.  Be sure to include symptoms everyone has from time to time if you want to sell a lot of books and suppliments, like blinking or squinting in bright sunlight.

Thats rad

I eat whole wheat. I also eat large amounts of peanut butter straight out of the jar, and a very large glass of milk. I'm not to worried about catching diabetes. Anyways, I'm up to date on my shots, so I'm not going to worry about diabetes.

I eat whole wheat. I also eat large amounts of peanut butter straight out of the jar, and a very large glass of milk. I'm not to worried about catching diabetes. Anyways, I'm up to date on my shots, so I'm not going to worry about diabetes.

Well,based on your profile, you've already lived long enough. No worrries.