New Year's Eve run (Read 788 times)

Just wondering if anyone is planning on running New Years Eve? I think my hubby and I are going to go out for a 5k around the neighbourhood. There is no run planned in town and I think this would be a very nice way to ring in the new year. While the run and then the spectacular cool down Big grin
    mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

There's this nifty little race in Central Park... Midnight Run. Look for me on TV - I'll look like my avatar, but with a black hat and long black running tights.
      mikeymike

If your run starts in 2008 and ends in 2009 which year do you log it? Which...year?

Runners run

xor

I'm doing a tiny (50 people) marathon in Bellingham WA called The Last Chance Marathon tomorrow morning. Well, provided: 1. It doesn't snow 2. The impending wind storm pipes down a bit before the race starts (it is run on a trail under giant trees) 3. Tobias the Franken-wiener dog is still classified an inpatient

The midnight run sounds like a blast. Sigh....nothing so fun here. Small town and not much interest...Oh well. Have a great time!

Hail to The Victors!

If your run starts in 2008 and ends in 2009 which year do you log it? Which...year?
              What is the sound of one foot running?
              mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

*hop*
                  There's this nifty little race in Central Park... Midnight Run. Look for me on TV - I'll look like my avatar, but with a black hat and long black running tights.
                  I did that one a few years ago, dressed as a knight! It's a lot of fun there... you'll have a great time.

-------------------------------------
                  5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                  10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                  1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                  Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

BOTH

Champions are made when no one is watching

My running club has a 1 mile race today (down Main Street - Worcester, MA) as part of the First Night activities...... But tomorrow we also have a 5 mile race called the FREEZER FIVE and based on our weather report for tomorrow it appears to be named appropriately......Big grinBig grinWinkBig grinBig grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

Imminent Catastrophe

That's going to be a cold one!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

That's going to be a cold one!
                          Ohhh, don't I know it. But at least I'll be doing something to stay warm. My poor bride is going to be standing on the sidelines waiting for me to come in - guess we better bring a little "anti-freeze" for her Big grin. (By the way, at what temperature does champagne freeze?)
                            Going for a 5 mile run today (New Years Eve) and a 5 mile run on New Year's Day with my group.
                            2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
                            Chris UK

14 miler today that gave me 300 for the month. I'm working tonight but I finish 1 hour before midnight so I can see in the New Year with friends. All the best to everyone at RunningAHEAD. Happy New Year.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm doing a 5K Resolution Run tonight (6pm) held by our local running store. It's a chain holding runs across the country although most of the runs are tomorrow, I think.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.