FASHION ADVICE NEEDED!! (Read 1276 times)

mikeymike

Would you wear a shoe that you knew fit well and was comfortable for you, even it was completely but ugly?  My normal answer would be "hell yeah" because I sort of consider myself all about function over form when it comes to running gear.  The problem is that I never really considered that shoe could be this ugly.

I have tried on this shoe, the adizero Boston 2, in a store but it was in a more normal color scheme like white with red and black and I almost bought them but went instead with the Saucony Kinvara.

However, runningwarehouse.com now has these for $59.98 and I almost can't afford not to buy them.

I just really can't get past the color.  I want to punch myself in the face just imagining myself wearing them:

Runners run

Not that I have any fashion sense, but when a shy person like me can wear the Pearl Izumi streak, Brooks Launch, Asics Speedstar etc, you can pull those off.

MrH

It will get you attention, but probably not the sort of attention you are looking for.

My DW wears these Newtons some times and gets comments:

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Best Present Ever

Think of what a good example you will be setting for your daughters.  You can insist that they wear something functional that's a good value but t hat they deem ugly without a shred of hypocrisy. 

if its really that bad you could take them to a shoe repair place, or get some fabric dye yourself.

undue monkey

Let one of your kids hit the aqua parts with a permanent black marker. If I wasn't a weak, fat slob I'd get these as a coloring project instead of the Ghost 2's.

mikeymike

if its really that bad you could take them to a shoe repair place, or get some fabric dye yourself.

Yeah but if I went to all that trouble to change the color of my shoes I'd want to punch myself in the face for a different reason.

I bought them for $50.90 with the CP discount and free shipping.  Eh, they'll be so dirty and salt-caked in a couple weeks nobody will be able to tell the color anyway.

Runners run

undue monkey

Jesus, no mystery why things end up in the sale bin...

Make sure you wear your official matchy-match adidas Boston jacket.

Then other people will want to punch you in the face.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

#artbydmcbride

You could always wear a tie dye running skirt and no one would even notice the shoes.   Big grin

Gym Girl Ultra Splatter

Runners run

Mikey, the red ones you wear are uglier.  Fasttwich? 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Maybe their ugliness will motivate you to run faster so no one can get a good look at them?

Hey at least they aren't these...

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Why is it sideways?

Those shoes aren't ugly!

It will get you attention, but probably not the sort of attention you are looking for.

My DW wears these Newtons some times and gets comments:

ok, sugar daddy. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

this reminds me of the time I went to the running store and the clerk refused to sell me a pair of shoes because he was SURE i wanted pink ones, and they didn't have any pink ones left.