What do you bring with you? (Read 1076 times)

I run in the city with lots of cars and people around - I would be too embarrassed for a snot rocket Shocked For long runs, I bring: - water - fruit roll ups as mid-run snack Smile - some money - cell phone - keys - lots of kleenex - ipod - Health card / id I have to have places to store my hat / gloves / headband/ whatever if I get too hot.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

clothes, road ID, medical insurance card, house key. If longer than 1 hour, a water bottle. If longer than 1 1/2 hours (summer) 2 1/2 hours (winter) some Endurolyte capsules. If longer than 2 hours (esp in summer) another water bottle or the Amphipod belt. If drove to the run, Driver's license and car key. Long runs on trails in summer with no available water include: Amphipod belt with 5 x 8oz water, plus 2 20 oz handheld water bottles, toilet paper in small ziplock bag in Amphipod pouch, loud plastic whistle. I probably should start carrying the cell phone on the longer runs
        My Nike pants have a great pocket in the back (they call it an "origami" pocket or something like that), and it's great for my Drivers license and Blackberry in case I get hit by a car or something Shocked. If it's cold,(South GA cold, that is-- not nearly what a lot of folks endure), i wear socks on my hands to keep warm and wipe my nose. And a key if I need it. Usually just hide one outside the front door. I don't carry chapstick because I just use Lanolin on my lips, and it stays on FOREVER- like glue. It is great!
        VictorN

For most runs I see no need to take anything other than the clothes, shoes, socks, RoadID, and a watch. However, if you run in areas where you are worried about your personal safety, then perhaps the pepper spray or cell phone would be necessary, but personally, I'd hate to carry either...oh wait, I don't own either. Forget the tissue, master the snot rocket and be proud of it. Running is a wonderful sport because it is simple. Keep it that way. Victor
            Just running for recreation -Shorts (sometimes not even sports shorts!) or sweat pants -cotton, cotton/poly blend, or poly tech shirt -sometimes underwear -black polyester socks -running shoes -Glasses -Garmin forerunner 305 Lately for races.... Race -Racing Bib -Long Sleeve Technical Shirt -Short Sleeve Technical Shirt -Running Shorts -Neck Chain for my keys -Waist worn money wallet for holding gel -breathable knit cap for when it is cold -Technical Hat -If it gets below 40 and is super windy I'll wear cotton underwear... -Garmin forerunner 305 -Glasses -Running shoes Post Race -Sweat Jacket -Sweat Pants (or Cotton Cargo Shorts)... bad choice cause it was so hot this past Saturday -tshirt -Clean White Underwear -Socks -Other Runing Shoes -2 Towels... one to cover my seat and the other to cover the genitalia when I change in public -Wallet -Cell Phone -Thick knit cap My minimalist approach in the past was just have the race stuff and a towel to cover my seat.

Vim

I really don't like carrying a bunch of stuff.

Vim

I really don't like carrying a bunch of stuff.
                I approve of this message. Water, watch, and shoes. Everything else is extra weight.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

mikeymike

Nothing. Just what I'm wearing.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think a legendary gorilla once answered this question as follows: Shoes Sock

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I forgot I run with an IPOD mini when do recreational running.... even though I think it's important to hear one's steps. I currently do not run races with an IPOD. Wearing an IPOD during a race is antisocial Tongue.

Vim

Beatin' on the Rock

Cell phone, shuffle, and key-holder thingy on my shoelaces. (I can't snot-rocket yet - I always gag! So, I use my shirt Dead )
                        Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                          I used to carry: Small towel-call me Arthur Dent-I never left home without my towel (no one will get that reference-I am a dork) gum lip balm water gels $$$ Shuffle house key I noticed that if I would forget one of these things-I would have a "bad run," though I think it was all in my head... So now I don't take anything except my Garmin and my house key tied in my shoe. If it is going to be over 90 minutes I may take $$$ for water.
                          Scout7

Small towel-call me Arthur Dent-I never left home without my towel (no one will get that reference-I am a dork)
                            What's so horrible about being drunk? You go ask a glass of water.
                            JakeKnight

I used to carry: Small towel-call me Arthur Dent-I never left home without my towel (no one will get that reference-I am a dork)
                              You're clearly a very hoopy frood.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

invisible

Aside from the obvious and a Garmin 205.....CamelBak Flash-Flo filled with home made Gator Aid, house key, pepper spray, a hanky peeking out of the untubed hole in the CamelBak, ID, a few bucks, a small first aid kit with some mole skin, a baggy of moist towelettes and a baggy of paper towels, a small knife, (and depending on time of day) a headlamp, (and depending on distance), food. I never run less than an hour and I run through woods a lot and not always on trails. If it's a food shopping run, I'll also wear a Lafuma Active 30 backpack. Most of the stuff that I carry I've never needed to use (a few friends have needed the toilet and first aid stuff), but like a gun, it's better to have and not need than to need and not have.
                                90 percent of the game is not giving up.