oral corto steroids side effects (Read 32 times)

manny1981

I was prescribed an oral steroid, methylprednisolone dosepak for a foot injury.  you start on a high dose and taper down for 6 days. well on the 2nd day of taking it I went for a 2 mile run. the next day I started feeling sore in my quads and hamstrings. on the 4th day it was so sore it was hard to even walk. I thought maybe it was the meds because I run a lot and never get this sore. I called a nurse who told me this isn't a common side effect and advised me to just make an appointment and continue the meds. the quad and hamstring pain calmed down but then my knee joint started to hurt and feel tight. through the week my leg feels weak and sore mostly on the right but a little on the left too. fast forward a week later I tried to run again and I got sore right after in my quads and knees. I finished the meds Wednesday so it's coming out of my system. my question is has anyone ever taken oral steroids and had this experience with pain and running. my foot feels better but the leg pain is a lot worse.