2016 Holiday Running Streak (Read 351 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Not going to hit my December goal, due to weather and family demands, but with a bit of diligence (a double tomorrow), I should barely make my 2016 goal of 2600 miles.  Good job, streakers!

Joann Y

Bet you would've come along had you been there! Smile

Damn right!

FSBD

Day 36.  It is great to see people hitting their goals for the month and year.  I hope this carries everyone into 2017 on a positive note.

“You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way!”

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

FSBD

Hit my streak mileage goal!  Thanks FSBD for putting it together!  Still pushing on - is the last day 12/31 or 1/1 (if we want to stop our streak)?

You have to run on 1/1 for it to count.

We are the music makers,

Went over my modest Dec mileage goal yesterday and am closing in on my annual target. December will be my highest mileage month this year by a long shot thank to the streak - roughly 40% higher than a typical month - but I've kept my runs reasonably so don't think I'm feeling any ill-effect of ratcheting up my mileage too much, too fast.

Thanks again for putting this together and giving me the incentive to reach the goal!

Outside Lane

Well then that is the plan - thanks again FSBD - 4 more runs to go!

You have to run on 1/1 for it to count.

See how they run...

doctorjen

I hit my 2016 goal yesterday. And my December mileage goal today. I'm not sure I would have made either without the streak!  I'm pressing on through 1/1 hopefully. I'm on call this weekend, so hopefully the call gods are friendly.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good job, Doc! Nice to have 2016 conquered. Smile

Zelanie

I hit my 2016 goal yesterday. And my December mileage goal today. I'm not sure I would have made either without the streak!  I'm pressing on through 1/1 hopefully. I'm on call this weekend, so hopefully the call gods are friendly.

I hope for everybody's sake that it's a safe weekend.

oldrunner59

My 1/1 run is going to be a midnight run in Central Park. Nice fireworks show at midnight kicks it off, chilled cider on the course and hot chocolate after. Always a great way to start the New Year and celebrate my birthday. Smile

FSBD

Day 37.  We are in the home stretch now.  Finish strong.

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; while others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than before."

We are the music makers,

This should be interesting. New years eve concert to ring in the new year and then the annual Fat Ass run the next day.

Maybe I'll just stay up and continue drinking......................................

Get off my porch

FSBD

Last day of the year! Second to last day of the streak for some people.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will."

We are the music makers,

Great quote for the day.  I reached my streak and December mileage goals.  Just one more day and one more small weekly mileage goal to attain.  Inching my way back to fitness thanks to the Holiday running streak. 

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

I hit my goal mileage for the month this morning: 215.

Other goals this year did not fare as well. I only had about 2/3 of the goal mileage, and still a few pounds heaver than the goal I set on January 1. Perhaps hitting 2000 miles would have coincided with hitting 175 lbs. Nevertheless, I am extremely happy with the present state of affairs. I still lost 23 lbs and did it in what I hope is a way that I can sustain if for some reason I don't run as much in 2017. I have been training hard this winter for a February marathon and everything seems to be dialed in.