Ryan Hall and Kara Goucher both finished 3rd in the Boston Marathon! (Read 1091 times)

Great finishes for Americans!!
    "Human beings are made up of flesh and blood, and a miracle fiber called courage" -George Patton"\

Marquess of Utopia

Kara ran 5:19 pace for her last 2.2k. My heart was pounding the whole time that race was so close.
        I wonder if the fast start for the men lead by Hall hurt his chances.
        Slo

Excellent finish for the Womens Race ! I gotta wonder......If Kara would have drafted a bit in those final 6 if it would have been even closer ?
            Thanks for the spoiler.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Change the thread name. Spoiler.
                agreed.
                And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine

Imminent Catastrophe

MILE 26 so close! What a great atmosphere down there today. Kara was right in there.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

ultramarathon/triathlete

Ug, my heart was pounding too. I watched the whole race from my desk (very productive day) and was on the edge of my seat the WHOLE time!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                    Gatorade Endurance Team

Imminent Catastrophe

What struck me was how many were wiping tears away as they saw the finish line, especially the wheelers. The guy with two prosthetic legs got a HUGE cheer!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Put me in the pounding heart, tear in the eye group. Wow! Does anyone know if anybody puts out a DVD of the whole race coverage that can be bought? The coverage I received was spotty, even with 2 computers and a TV on!
                        Slow Runner

Thanks for the spoiler.
                          Get over it and move on with your life. You come to a forum such as this and don't expect to see anything about the race? Cry
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Get over it and move on with your life. You come to a forum such as this and don't expect to see anything about the race? Cry
                            Post all the spoilers you want. Just not in the title of a thread. Somebody may click on the community tab by accident and see it.
                            celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Its expected to see stuff about the race. Commonly, it is courtesy to not put a spoiler in a thread heading. The better call would be, "Great finish in Boston Marathon - Spoilers Inside" Spoilers were a big issue for the olympics, when there were different tape delays to different parts of the world. It would still be nice for people who taped the race to not know the result just by visiting the forum. What do I know, though, I'm still a beginner runner.

Chris
                              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Bugs

I am innocent this time. Big grin

Bugs