At what sport(s) are you a natural? (Read 2014 times)

pandajenn19

If they make a sport for gumby-like flexibility, then that's the sport I'm a natural at. Is yoga a sport? Wink

Prophet!

If they make a sport for gumby-like flexibility, then that's the sport I'm a natural at.
      this is worthless without pics...oops wrong forum..never mind! Tongue

...---...

I'm pretty sure I would be a natural at curling...the sweeping part.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Golf is my biggest natural talent, suba has always come easily but mostly I just have great hand-eye coordination

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Hockey
            keep running!
              putting my foot in my mouth Blush
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                Shopping. And if that's not a sport, then internet surfing (sounds mildly athletic).
                  Internet surfing with running a distant 2nd. I've gotten good, even very good at a few things, but never tops at anything. I went from a sendentary, overweight smoker to a 2:48 marathoner in 1 year which is probably my best claim to fame. Back "in the day", however, when I ran my first marathon, almost everyone who entered a race at that distance ran much more in training than most first timers do today. A time like I ran, while good, was not all that unusual even for a first marathon back then.
                  Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

flatland mountaineer

Natural at equine sports and skiing, balance thing. Too stiff for gymnastics, I sink like rock in a pool, hate the water. Not a good runner but I like it.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Another Passion

Are either procrastination or reading and posting on RA sports? Roll eyes

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Yes. But can we do the procrastination contest next week?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I win...gold medal, everyone else can just go home! Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

None. NONE I am slow, uncoordinated and have a low risk tolerance - I got ok at skiing eventually, but I dont like going fast. I have pretty good endurance and tend to be relatively strong. I can swim well, but not fast I am a lot better at running now then I ever thought I would be. If I work really really hard at most things that only require endurance and strength I can become a solid mid-packer. If it also requires coordination well... Black eye

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Renee the dog

Natural swimmer, and that was my competitive sport as a kid. Worked very hard for years to become a natural at skiing. Dead Kids say they can't believe what a controlled speed demon I am for "someone my age." (43) If golf is a sport, then I was a natural at that. Just picked up the clubs and started playing. Don't play anymore, as I don't have the time. Not a natural at biking...my bod and bikes have to scrapes to prove it. Baseball -- natural hitter, unnatural fielder. Roll eyes Running -- didn't have to work too hard to get a good form (chirunning works for me). My husband says I look like a natural, but he knows I put effort into it.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Running hasn't come naturally or easily for me but the more I do it, the more I like it. If yoga were a sport, that would be what I would say I excel at. I'm a damn good volleyball player too. I have a serve (overhand not jump) that I can make just sink on the other side of the net with no problems.
                                Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09