Age-Equivalent (Read 725 times)

tnorris

Is there an age-graded performance data field in the log? (time and %)  If not, is there a way it could be added?  Thanks.  Tom

Hi Tom,

I don't think a field is needed since the information is calculated, so why not calculate it on the fly?  I've been thinking about age grading the data.  I'll add it as soon as I get hold of a decent formula for it.

eric Smile

tnorris

That would be great.  Thanks Eric!

Dunno if it helps any, but ...

I use THIS SITE.  They say:

Note that the factors are stored in this page, in Javascript, so that you can save the page to your local machine for use as an off-line calculator....

This calculator uses the 2006 Age-grading factors, which have been partially updated in 2010, by Alan Jones.

See also: Master's track website. Factors available as Excel file.

“Everything you need is already inside.” -- Bill Bowerman

Hi Tom,

I don't think a field is needed since the information is calculated, so why not calculate it on the fly?  I've been thinking about age grading the data.  I'll add it as soon as I get hold of a decent formula for it.

eric Smile

The older I get, the more attractive this idea becomes. Smile

Any updates?

Muddling through

The simplest solution would be to add an AG calculator under the Resources/Calculators page. The link CliveF provided should have all that's needed. Adding that to the PR page would be a nice touch.

2014 Goals: Run first trail ultra, first 100K, and see what I can do in a 24-Hour race