Garmin Died (Read 578 times)

ud32

I have a Garmin 305. Had it for about 18 months or so. Yesterday battery was so low it simply shut down midrun. I charged it and it was fully charged. When I attempt to turn it on now it will not turn on. No beeps, nothing but a blank screen. I plugged it back into the charger and again - nothing but a blank screen. Any ideas ??

ud32

Never mind - found a post on 6/8/2008 - said to hold mode and lap button down at same time then try to run on after a few seconds. Worked just fine!

SMART Approach

I have had to send my 305 in twice now after total battery failure. Nothing worked. Just dead!

You call them and get an RA number. You send it in and they give you a rebuilt one for $79. It looks new to me. You would think they could replace a battery for $20 bucks but no. I was happy with the turn around time though. $79 is much better than cost of a new one.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Todd, thanks for the tip.  I've had my 305 for almost three years now and never had a problem with it.  Of course, I don't put nearly as many miles on it as some folks!  It's good to know I can get a replacement easily if I need to, though.

kcam

I did the RMA on my 305 a couple months ago - $79 + sales tax + shipping = ~$96.  Still not a bad deal but I think I might try the 310XT (if they figure out the watch band issues) next time.

I have had to send my 305 in twice now after total battery failure. Nothing worked. Just dead!

You call them and get an RA number. You send it in and they give you a rebuilt one for $79. It looks new to me. You would think they could replace a battery for $20 bucks but no. I was happy with the turn around time though. $79 is much better than cost of a new one.

Get Lost :)

Aw nuts, this just happened to my 310XT. Except nothing would turn it back on.
              Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

My Garmin has been great but it did something totally oddball the other day.

One of my miles seemed kind of fast, then it clicked off 3 miles ranging from 3 seconds to 17 seconds.  I was flyin!

On the breadcrumb trail everything looked normal. 

Bill Wagnon / stl