Knee popping/pain...Does this sound like a running related injury? (Read 694 times)

Okay folks, here's the scoop - My mileage has really been down lately, I've been wrapped up in some other fitness related stuff. I've been getting in about 8 to 10 miles/wk as of late Roll eyes It all started last Thursday evening (I hadn't ran since Monday...and then a fitness class on Tuesday w/o running) with some odd pain in my left forefoot - mostly at the joint of my big toe, but all the toes seemed to be somewhat affected. It hurt to walk and I know I was favoring that foot quite a bit when we lugged ourselves & kids (I had to carry my 38 lb daughter for quite a while) through a large mall to go to a packet pickup event. Then Friday morning I woke up to find that my foot & toe joints were pretty much 100%...but that my right knee popped anoyingly everytime I bent it to take a step. That continued and before too long the knee became sore/tender with each step (or pop). The pain/tenderness is on the outside of the knee - it's also tender to the touch above my knee cap. I was able to run @ a moderate/comfortable pace during the 5K race on Saturday, but if I tried to go fast...or walk the pain/popping returned. I guess I really should just go to the Dr since this has been going on since Friday...but I just don't want to hear him say "no running". KWIM? Any thoughts....besides that I should just see my Dr Confused

#artbydmcbride

It sounds to me like a tight IT band. Can you roll the side of your thigh from knee to hip on that leg gently on a foam roller or with a rolling pin or something? That may loosen it up and the tendon won't catch when you bend.

Runners run