winter sickness (Read 456 times)

Hey I have a chest cold with sputum and nasal congestion. I went to practice(high school track team, on the distance team) and I dieing just on a 20 min run, with excessive sweating, and afterwards I felt really cold. It eventually went away as practice went on. I was wondering, should I keep running to sweat it out or just rest?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In your chest with sputum...you need to rest. Trying to run through that could land you into worse straits, like pneumonia. Your coach should want you healthy, too, so hopefully they are happy to see you take a day or more off until you feel better. If not, have your parents get you into the doctor so you can have a written excuse from practice until your chest is cleared. Hope you feel better soon. I seem to get at least one bad chest infection every year and it really knocks me on my butt for often at least a week. I've learned that the more I let myself rest, the faster I bounce back.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

In your chest with sputum...you need to rest. Trying to run through that could land you into worse straits, like pneumonia. Your coach should want you healthy, too, so hopefully they are happy to see you take a day or more off until you feel better. If not, have your parents get you into the doctor so you can have a written excuse from practice until your chest is cleared. Hope you feel better soon. I seem to get at least one bad chest infection every year and it really knocks me on my butt for often at least a week. I've learned that the more I let myself rest, the faster I bounce back.
        Oh. Yeah don't want to get that haha. Pneumonia ain't nothing nice. I appreciate the advice. Thanks