Bandit Pacing Views? (Read 1360 times)

xor

The Frito bandido song?

heh.  See, you'd have to hear the words to know whether he's going for the frito bandito song, or just simply ay yi yi yi (which has an actual name, but I don't remember it)... so whistling it, nah.  (plus the frito bandito song never offended me, though it did some folks back in the day)

Kalsarikännit

disrupt the mood 

No one is talking about sobering up the spectators.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

A Saucy Wench

heh.  See, you'd have to hear the words to know whether he's going for the frito bandito song, or just simply ay yi yi yi (which has an actual name, but I don't remember it)... so whistling it, nah.  (plus the frito bandito song never offended me, though it did some folks back in the day)

Something   Lindo?

MTA : after googl Cielito Lindo.  I dont think I knew that.  I remember the Canto y no llores part. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I read this as Bandit Racing News.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

#artbydmcbride

Ay, ay, ay, ay! oh, I am dee Frito Bandito. I like Frito's Corn Chips. I love them, I do. I want Frito's corn chips. I'll take them, from you.

Ay Ay Yi Ay, i am de Boston bandito!

Runners run

Intentionally Blank

[OT] My dear old dad used to sing, "ay yi yi, canta frijoles." [/OT]

Something   Lindo?

MTA : after googl Cielito Lindo.  I dont think I knew that.  I remember the Canto y no llores part. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

OP can do it if he wears a sombrero and belts it out.

xor

We used to sing "Ay yi yi yi, guan-tan-a-mera".

Which brings us to the pot smoking cockroach.

Prince of Fatness

Either do it, or don't.

Some people will care a great deal, some people won't care at all... many people will be somewhere in the middle on it.  If that better informs your inner dialog, okey doke, but if you are expecting a singular answer, nah.

This should be the auto response to all of the comet "should I bandit" threads.

To the OP, if you are asking that tells me that you think that it may be wrong to do it.  And maybe you are just looking for enough people to say yeah no problem go ahead and do it.  But it's really your call.  It's got to be OK with you.

Not at it at all. 

Maybe there will be online pacing or pacing over the phone someday. Why not? There is online coaching.

running is somewhat like playing golf to me.   crappy shots all day long, ready to give it up & wondering why I'm trying so hard just to get this stupid little ball into a stupid little hole but then out of the blue comes a monster drive or a long putt that actually gets into the cup.  bingo! that one shot keeps me going for the rest of day no matter how crappy I continue to play & gets me back out again on another day.   strange. -- skyedog

Maybe there will be online pacing or pacing over the phone someday. Why not? There is online coaching.

There are apps that do that.  

And I wanted to kill the guy whose phone was telling everyone around him how fast they were running every 30 sec.

Why is it sideways?

We used to sing "Ay yi yi yi, guan-tan-a-mera".

One ton tomato / I ate a one ton tomato...

Marquess of Utopia

Jumping on to the race to aid a runner (like pacing) can result in disqualification at most races. If you don't want to break the rules just pay for the bib and run the race with them. If you think the rules don't apply to you or you're not worried about being DQ'd then do what you want.  

I am a regular bandit

I bandit the kids holloween, Easter, Christmas candy ...  If there were cookies in the cookie jar I would bandit that too ... I give them 2 weeks and then it's fair game.  When they are not looking I sneak in and take what I want ... try to not get caught before I sneak back out.

Of course I bought the candy in the 1st place ... so am I stealing from myself?

I never have bandited a race - But since I steal candy from my childeren and you steal a race from some charity or corporation - I suppose I would be hypocritial to poo-poo you.

I give this a 8.5 out of 10 on my answer scaling system.  For the future lets just call it the ASS in order to save the hard drive footprint.

Either way excellent answer.  It was funny and actually made a point as well with no Emoticons.  Nicely done sire.  Bravo, Bravo. 

I was going to bandit the Flying Pig as a long run in a few weeks.  I've paid for it 5 times and run it all five times.  I actually run the course every other weekend.  I even give back the local running clubs and stores that profit from it. 

However, the more I thought about doing it the worst I felt about. it  I've never bandited a race before.  I believe that we are all a part of one awesome running community.  I don't like people in general.  They are stupid,  lazy and full of excuses.  I find I relate to runners the best and I don't want to piss on the one group of people I feel connected to the most.   That is how I felt about the Flying Pig.  Doing this at Boston is a lot worse in my eyes.  It is just wrong. !  I will say it again, it is WRONG.   Boston is something most people dream about or work years just to try and acheive this.  I felt truly honored to run this race even though I paid for it  in my pocket book and my hard work.  This is a race you have to earn the right to be a part of.  Sorry you may have earned it other years but unless you qualified and paid you did not havehe right to this race.   Lots of people qualify for the race that don't go.  You really need to do both. 

Good luck with your decision.  This is just how I feel about.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Kalsarikännit

What about banditing at Bay to Breakers?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart