Racing Goals* (Read 631 times)

Oh, and the recurring goal every year is to stay healthy and on the road all year long.
    Here here! That is definetly a recurring goal for me every year!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Obi-Run Kenobi

This is my first post on this forum, but I think setting my running goals is a good first post topic. I only started running seriously about a week and a half ago so I have some ways to go before entering a race or even clocking a mile time that couldn't be replicated by an elderly person on a Jazzy scooter. Nonetheless, my goal for the rest of the summer and fall is to build up my endurance and eventually enter my first 5K in mid-September. It's called Get Ready! Get Set! Get Fit! and is sponsored by the Baltimore County Department of Aging Fitness Programs for Seniors so I may just get beat by some guy in a Jazzy. Looking forward to that. Other than that, my goal is to continue training without injuring myself while running or in a freak gasoline fight accident.

Do or do not. There is no try.

I'm impressed by all the people setting goals years out. I can't keep focus for that long so my goals for '07 are to run a PR marathon and a sub-5 minute mile. Oh, and the recurring goal every year is to stay healthy and on the road all year long.
        Holy crap you run a lot of miles, MikeyMike! Can't say that I'm putting in even a fraction of the miles, but I share 2 of your 3 goals with you. My goals for 2007 are: Run a sub 5-minute mile Run a sub 18-minute 5k Run 1000 miles Stay healthy for the remainder of the year (already lost almost 2 months to injury so staying healthy all year is out of the question!) Big grin Chris
          welcome PWelshans! good luck with working towards that first 5k.

Burninated Peasant

I'm impressed by all the people setting goals years out. I can't keep focus for that long so my goals for '07 are to run a PR marathon and a sub-5 minute mile. Oh, and the recurring goal every year is to stay healthy and on the road all year long.
            Ok, for all of you people looking to PR at distances less than 5k - where are you running these? Is it just in training, or do you actually have organzied races at these distances for people who are no longer in school?

The voice of mile 18

this year: break 20 min for 5k, break 3hrs at quakerman olympic tri, dunno maybe catch scout7 at philly distance run?

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

mikeymike

Ok, for all of you people looking to PR at distances less than 5k - where are you running these? Is it just in training, or do you actually have organzied races at these distances for people who are no longer in school?
                There are track races around if you look for them. My plan is to take a crack at a sub-5 mile in December at one of the Boston University indoor all-comers mini-meets. They usually have a series of 3 or 4 of them in December/January every winter.

Runners run

Here's a brochure from Luke's Locker in DFW - few dates in June left.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

There are track races around if you look for them. My plan is to take a crack at a sub-5 mile in December at one of the Boston University indoor all-comers mini-meets. They usually have a series of 3 or 4 of them in December/January every winter.
                    Yeah, I'm hoping to run a mile (and an 800 if I'm incredibly brave/stupid) at an all-comer's meet next summer that takes place right around this time of year. I hear they have a 5000, but I'm gonna pass on 12.5 laps in the late afternoon / early evening heat during June in Alabama. Dead

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

this year: break 20 min for 5k, break 3hrs at quakerman olympic tri, dunno maybe catch scout7 at philly distance run?
                      *lol* Looks like I'll be chasing Charlie Brown again, this time at the Philly Distance Run! You and that crazy shirt. Big grin

Michelle

Other than that, my goal is to continue training without injuring myself while running or in a freak gasoline fight accident.
                        Nice use of Zoolander quote, PWelshans. Smile I hope I can also avoid gasoline fight accidents for the rest of the week, since my main goal is to BQ at Grandma's this weekend. It's a long drive from Ann Arbor to Duluth, with many gas stations along the way, so please keep your fingers crossed for me! Big grin
                          Short / Mid Term Sub 20:00 5k. Sub 1:30 Half Marathon 50k, 40 Miler and a 50 Miler Long Term BQ 100 Miler 24 Hour Race
                          Eryn

Goals for this year: Run my 5k next weekend in under 30:00 Run High Mountain Institute 50k in under 8:00 (it's at 10,000' elevation; I'll be happy to finish at all) Finish Pikes Peak Marathon in under 7:00 Run Long Beach Marathon in October and PR (won't be hard... my PR is 4:45. I'm hoping for <4:30) lose 32 lbs. i've already lost 15, so 17lbs to go! lose="" 32="" lbs.="" i've="" already="" lost="" 15,="" so="" 17lbs="" to=""></4:30) lose 32 lbs. i've already lost 15, so 17lbs to go!>

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

shonan marathon, girl

2007 More biking Finish Sado Long Distance Triathlon Type B, 127k Sub-4 at Lake Kawaguchi ko Marathon Mid-Long term BQ Return to the Pyrenees to bike Arizona Ironman before 50 Stay healthy and enjoy training to reach my goal! SWIMMING Forever!!

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!