Who all here's in taper...? (Read 716 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This girl, baby! Ooh, yeah...how you like me now?! Go me, go me, go go go me! *does Cabbage Patch & Running Man, trips, falls down, busts ass* Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cause I CAN

I wish I was in taperville but I just started! but congratulations Smile
      Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
      http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Peach, when is your next 'thon? I know you're gonna do great! You've BTDT, so this next one should be even better than the first! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Cause I CAN

Thanks, Georgia marathon, march 29 what does BTDT mean?

Cause I CAN

been there done that ?
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

been there done that ?
              Yep! Big grin March...oh, I'll bet that means some awesome training and racing weather in Georgia. Not so much the case here in MI. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

My taper starts next week... my feet are eager with anticipation!

-------------------------------------
                5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Cause I CAN

oh yes.,..trying to run 20 miles in august sucked so not doing that again

Giants Fan

I AM!!! Can you tell I'm excited? Sept. 28th is the big day.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

So am I, sameday, different race Big grin. The freakin taper couldn't have come at a better time. I gave it my all, now I'm just hoping it wasn't too much Confused. If it was, needless to say I'll be pissed!!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whoa, Pat...I see you ran the full distance a couple of weeks ago...NICE! Big grin Your training looks fantastic--you're gonna kick that race's butt! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I'm tapering. Ususally this means: 1. second guessing everything I've been doing for the last 3 months 2. phantom pains in my feet, knees, hips etc. 3. panic as I realize that pretty soon I'm going to have to decrease the amount I'm eating 4. terror that temporarily I won't have a goal in front of me once the race is done.
                          Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
                            Whoa, Pat...I see you ran the full distance a couple of weeks ago...NICE! Big grin Your training looks fantastic--you're gonna kick that race's butt! Big grin
                            Thanks Kirsten, you worked hard as well. Actually I see that all of us have. The miles are in, the race is just Grad day Smile

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm tapering. Ususally this means: 1. second guessing everything I've been doing for the last 3 months 2. phantom pains in my feet, knees, hips etc. 3. panic as I realize that pretty soon I'm going to have to decrease the amount I'm eating 4. terror that temporarily I won't have a goal in front of me once the race is done.
                              Ha...screw phantom pains...I had the real stuff for about the first 10+ weeks of training... Evil grin That eating thing is bad, though. It's going to take every fibre of my being to not mess that part up. And I'm also wondering what to do over the Winter. I think just try to maintain some sort of ~30 miles/week with a 10-11 mile long run each week. Man, that's gonna seem EASY compared to marathon training.
                              Thanks Kirsten, you worked hard as well. Actually I see that all of us have. The miles are in, the race is just Grad day Smile
                              Yep! Right now I'm really not fearful of race day (I'm sure that will change in 2 weeks or so, heh). I'm just glad to have made it to taper. For 2/3 of my training I really was not certain that I'd see this day. For a long while I thought I'd have to quit due to chronic knee issues. I scaled-back and that didn't really even help...took OTC orthotics to "fix" things...something I should have tried months ago. But here I am...2 20 milers under my belt. If/when I do another 'thon I will hopefully start out in better shape and be able to follow a somewhat more aggressive training plan.

~ Sarah Kay

Cause I CAN

I wish I was there!! Shocked