Best Bib Number in a major race (Read 1379 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Why not? Some people don't care to be associated with the Evil grin !
    Which is pretty stupid considering many scholars now believe that the 666 is an error and that the number is 616.
    In 2005, however, a fragment of papyrus 115 was revealed, containing the earliest known version of that part of the Book of Revelation discussing the Number of the Beast. It gave the number as 616, suggesting that this may have been the original. This caused Peter Sagal on the USA's National Public Radio program Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! to quip that Hell must be in Grand Rapids, Michigan, as Grand Rapids' area code is 616, and prompting radio host Mancow Muller to proclaim that the final battle between good and evil would take place there. (There is a Hell, Michigan, but its area code is 734.)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

You'll ruin your knees!

I had bib #50 once in my first 50 Mile run.. that was cool. I have run with bib #10 and #13 (successfully) as well. Most of the races i run have pretty small fields, so low numbers aren't that uncommon. I did actually earn bib #2 for a race in which I finished 2nd and returned the next year. Unfortunately, the field was MUCH stronger the second year...let's just say I won't get a single digit bib# next year... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Which is pretty stupid considering many scholars now believe that the 666 is an error and that the number is 616.
        Great, now Iron Maiden will have to rerecord Number Of The Beast, which came up on the iPod on a tm run last week.
          Someone on the forums had #666...not sure who it was.
          BadDawg wearing his devil horns and drinnking a beer post-race. Yeah... I'm lame for knowing that.

Hoodoo Guru

I got "69" as a bib number once, but soon discovered I just had it upside down.

The tangents are moot.

Was it all a dream?

I was #2 at my marathon a few weeks back. Thought it was a bad sign, but fortunately the digestive system behaved...
              jwa95ta

My wife and I got our bib numbers for the Flying PIG on Sunday and mine is 65 and hers is 64. No way either of us deserves a number that high. I'll take it but anyone that associates that number with expected results is going to be disappointed. However, I will say that I finished 25th at my last marathon but then again that race only had 140 runners and this one will have over 5000 marathoners. So what is the lowest bib number or best bib number you have ever gotten in a big marathon. One over a thousand runners? Anyone higher than 64?
                Flying pig is weird that way. I got Bib # 114 in 2007 there. It was my 1st marathon ever. I think I put down my est finish time of 5:15. When I got my # and my friend who was running the same time as me got his I was worried! His number was 3942. I thought maybe it had asked for pace/mile and not overall time Smile I got bib #1 in a local half one time. But I know the guy setting up the race and he arranged that # for me. He thought it was funny! jason
                xor

So what is the lowest bib number or best bib number you have ever gotten in a big marathon. One over a thousand runners? Anyone higher than 64?
                  At Dallas White Rock in 2007, I got 63. It even said "Elite". (I asked for 63 special because it was my 63rd marathon in 2007. To give it to me, they had to dip into the Elite numbers. It was actually pretty hilarious being there with ELITE on my number wearing pink and looking a lot more like a Free Safety than an elite runner) I've had lots of low numbers, but that was my fav.

xor

I've had bib # -1. That is NEGATIVE 1. That race lets you keep and reuse your bib number from year to year. Of course, that was a rinky dink marathon.
                    At small marathons that assign based on when you register (as opposed to alphabetically), I've gotten #3 several times. Well, I've also gotten 1, 2, etc... BUT 3 is a special case. Whenever I get #3, I wear my number upside down so that I'm E.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

At small marathons that assign based on when you register (as opposed to alphabetically), I've gotten #3 several times. Well, I've also gotten 1, 2, etc... BUT 3 is a special case. Whenever I get #3, I wear my number upside down so that I'm E.
                      You run Monkey in 2009 and I'll see if the RD can get you an elite bib. He's an idiot tho.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I was #2 at my marathon a few weeks back. Thought it was a bad sign, but fortunately the digestive system behaved...
                        I think it was just a sign validating your choice of smoopie.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

xor

I think it was just a sign validating your choice of smoopie.
                          I have no idea what this means, but 'smoopie' is way funnier than 'schmoopy'.

xor

You run Monkey in 2009 and I'll see if the RD can get you an elite bib.
                            Ha. I appreciate that offer a lot. Alas, it is highly unlikely I'll be traveling that weekend this year. Gotta get my oil changed, and I don't mean in my car.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I also had my name on my bib once at a race.... but then so did everyone else. I thought it was fun - there were a fair number of people out cheering, and even in a 10K it was neat to hear my name.
                              Milwaukee automatically puts everyone's first name on the bibs. I was pleasantly surprised to find that people in WI actually know how to READ and pronounce my name. People in MI are generally a bit less literate. Last time I ran the Grand Rapids half I was able to pick a custom name (in addition to the #), so I had zoom-zoom. At Bayshore my bib will have Zoomy printed on it. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sweet irony is the fact that that's the area code for the Bible belt of the Upper Midwest! Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay