high heels & shin splints (Read 1006 times)

siege

My workplace dress is casual, except for the week or two here and there that require a suit, which I wear heels with. Whenever this happens I can't run that week. I can't go more than a few minutes without my shins becoming painful.

I know toe taps are supposed to be good, but the benefits have plateaued. I think because I wear heels so sporadically. I need something that builds more strength. Any ideas?

Best Present Ever

Don't wear heels? i wear suits and dress clothes most days, and never wear heels.
      siege

I like how heels look. There must be something I can do to fix this!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

race training?

Well, probably not a good idea really...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Same problem, less the high heels. In the past the shin splints would start at around mile 2 forcing me to stop. If I took a 30 minute break they would stop and I was good to go after that. It was strange. Now they just start burning almost immediately and it makes running almost impossible. I've backed off and even went a month without any running, just the stationary bike but they came right back. Looking for a solution!
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Don't some articles recommend strength exercises for front and back of lower leg? (Not that I have any expertise at all in this.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Menace to Sobriety

I like how heels look. There must be something I can do to fix this!

Me too! Its just hard to find my size.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.