DFW/Texas Runners - El Scorcho Dos - Who's in? (Read 1612 times)

I'll be there in spirit Pam, cheering you on!!! Big grin

Michelle

REALLY REALLY wants to do it this year.
      Cool. We'll have some of the PA RA gang then (maybe you can convince Mississippi too!). Ten 5K loops! (Yes, I assume you'd be doing the 50K Wink ) Pros/Cons (You decide!) -Flat -Dark -Night -You'll probably get to see the sun rise. -You might go crazy doing all the loops. -Bonkin will be there. -They serve up Nuun.

Vim

How much time do you guys think I've got before it fills??
        I just contacted GandaMan (one of the RDs) and he said they are at 95 registrations out of a max of 400. Today is the fifth day registration has been open. I would guess that you have several weeks to maybe a month at the very most to decide.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Cool. We'll have some of the PA RA gang then (maybe you can convince Mississippi too!). Ten 5K loops! (Yes, I assume you'd be doing the 50K Wink ) Pros/Cons (You decide!) -Flat -Dark -Night -You'll probably get to see the sun rise. -You might go crazy doing all the loops. -Bonkin will be there. -They serve up Nuun.
          Nice, Modal. But when you are done you will be an El Scorcho alumni. Worth every drop of sweat - or blood (just ask Modal).

I'll be there in spirit Pam, cheering you on!!! Big grin
            YAYYYYYYYYY Michelle's coming with me Big grin Big grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Think the only downside I see is the loops. I LOVE running at night! LOVE watching the sun rise and meeting all the cool peeps that will be there will just be a bonus Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I do have family in Ft. Worth (Saginow) and San Antonio.... Hmmmmm. I better think about this fast before my husband realizes where my mind has been and grounds me for the summer.

Michelle

Prophet!

Wink ) Pros -Bonkin will be there, at night, in the dark Cons (You decide!) -You might go crazy doing all the loops. -You might see Bonkin at sunrise
                  fixed! Sounds like a fun race. Too far away though!

Burninated Peasant

Pros/Cons (You decide!) -You'll probably get to see the sun rise.
                    This looks like a challenge to me - any takers?
                    Sunday 20 July 2008 Central Daylight Time SUN Begin civil twilight 6:08 a.m. Sunrise 6:36 a.m. Sun transit 1:36 p.m. Sunset 8:35 p.m. End civil twilight 9:03 p.m.
                      This looks like a challenge to me - any takers?
                      Is the challenge to be done before the sun rise? Or to still be running when the sun rises? I will be trying for the former. Hopefully even sitting in my chair for an hour before the sun rises.

You'll ruin your knees!

Is the challenge to be done before the sun rise? Or to still be running when the sun rises? I will be trying for the former. Hopefully even sitting in my chair for an hour before the sun rises.
                        Depends on whether you like people watching when you strip down naked in the parking lot and shower from a gallon jug...my preference is before sunrise...still working on the schedule, may be in Colorado during this one. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Imminent Catastrophe

Me too, I missed the registration deadline last year and I have a long way to go to be in "50k" shape. I'm trying to ramp up quickly from a month off.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Depends on whether you like people watching when you strip down naked in the parking lot and shower from a gallon jug
                            Depends on who we're watching. Wink

Me too, I missed the registration deadline last year and I have a long way to go to be in "50k" shape. I'm trying to ramp up quickly from a month off.
                              How's that foot treating you, Russ? Looks like you are back out there somewhat?

Len

Damn Yankee

In for the 25k. I probably shouldn't log into RA after I've been drinking.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard