DFW/Texas Runners - El Scorcho Dos - Who's in? (Read 1612 times)

In for the 25k. I probably shouldn't log into RA after I've been drinking.
    I guess this assumes you signed up for the 25k before you got lit enough for the 50k. Big grin

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

I guess this assumes you signed up for the 25k before you got lit enough for the 50k. Big grin
      I didn't have easy access to enough alcohol to get THAT lit. After I registered I immediately worried about the logistics, but I have a plan. I'll get a hotel room near the park (any suggestions FW people?), relax and nap that afternoon/evening then go run the race. Go back to the hotel at some point after I finish, sleep for a while then drive home. Wife optional. As of this moment, as I recover from an ankle injury, I've decided to shoot for a sub 2:00 25k. Who says alcohol alters judgment?

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Burninated Peasant

As of this moment, as I recover from an ankle injury, I've decided to shoot for a sub 2:00 25k.
        That would put you in the top 10 last year.
        Len

Damn Yankee

That would put you in the top 10 last year.
          I didn't run it last year, so I don't know how slow the course is in the middle of July in the dark. But I bet sub 2:00 may not be anywhere near top 10 this year with the field doubling. MTA- I just saw that you finished 6th over all last year tschepit, you think based on my 1:41 half at Cowtown that sub 2:00 is realistic? Posting a goose egg this week won't help, but my left ankle has made it painful to even walk so I decided to rest it until it's better.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Burninated Peasant

MTA- I just saw that you finished 6th over all last year tschepit, you think based on my 1:41 half at Cowtown that sub 2:00 is realistic? Posting a goose egg this week won't help, but my left ankle has made it painful to even walk so I decided to rest it until it's better.
            Yes, it sounds realistic to me. I ran 1:35 at Cowtown last year, then 1:54 at El Scorcho, and I had all kinds of digestive issues at El Scorcho. My weekly mileage was mostly in the 40-50 range last spring, though - I don't know if you'd see a bigger pace falloff with a lower mileage. I would think that since 25k isn't really that much longer than a half, that you'd be able to keep a similar pace. Throw in the flat El Scorcho course vs. the rolling Cowtown course, and you could probably go a bit faster to keep your time under 2 hours.
              So two more friends from work just signed up yesterday and it appears that after the initial rush in February - that registrations have slowed a bit. There are still about 80ish spots left. Based on last year - those should fill quickly as we get in to end of May/June. So far the following peeps are signed (or planning to sign) up: 25K modal streeetch Len Jagadeesh (A silent RA person who is also a coworker of mine) Ben (another coworker) Richard (another coworker) 50K Bonkin jlynnbob (Maybe) RockinMama (Maybe)

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Len

Damn Yankee

45 spots left! The way my last two months have gone, I'm elated that I'm only running the 25k.

45 spots left!
                  Thanks for the heads up, Len. I just signed my husband and myself up for the 25k. We just completed our first half marathon today, so the 50k would have been a bit of a stretch. Lorrie
                    Thanks for the heads up, Len. I just signed my husband and myself up for the 25k. We just completed our first half marathon today, so the 50k would have been a bit of a stretch. Lorrie
                    Awesome, and congrats on your first half. Coincidentally, that was my first HM last year. Nice flat course. Updated Peeps list: 25K modal streeetch Len Jagadeesh (A silent RA person who is also a coworker of mine) Ben (another coworker) Richard (another coworker) Lorrieg Lorrieg's husband 50K Bonkin jlynnbob (Maybe)

lorrieg, great job on completion y'alls first HM! Smile It was hot out there on Saturday. Dead Bonkin, dude, are you doing Marathon2Marathon again? Nice to see we're going to have a nice group show up. (Maybe someone will need to set up a tent for us Big grin )

Vim

lorrieg, great job on completion y'alls first HM! Smile It was hot out there on Saturday. Dead Bonkin, dude, are you doing Marathon2Marathon again? Nice to see we're going to have a nice group show up. (Maybe someone will need to set up a tent for us Big grin )
                        Maybe in the future, but not this year. It's a long drive - but pretty country out there.

Len

Damn Yankee

SOLD OUT!

SOLD OUT!
                            Good thing you got in dude. Big grin I'm hoping I can get my mileage up.... need to figure out what the heck is up with my bones! Black eye

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

By my rough count, there's around 255 running the 25k.

By my rough count, there's around 255 running the 25k.
                                Sweet. Depending on how my running goes over the next month - that number may change to 256. Wink