DFW/Texas Runners - El Scorcho Dos - Who's in? (Read 1612 times)

Len

Damn Yankee

Thanks Mike. I've got a clip on head lamp, I didn't think about that till you mentioned it. Maybe I'll just clip it on my shorts, I don't run with a hat even in the dark. I'll grab it when I need it. I was going to ask if you still planned to run the 50 but I wisely checked your log first. I hope you bought a fresh pack of smokes and are eating pizza and ice cream after that run.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

You all might want to wear red blinkers on your backs when I come up to lap you dudes otherwise I might run you down. Big grin Training......... Angry I planned on running Fri-Sun, but somehow de-cluttering and grave digging (cat died Cry ) took over.

Vim

Len - good plan on the light. Never thought about clipping to shorts. Still seriously planning on the 50K - but I will be in and around the pool for 7 hours a day for the whole week (BSA lifeguard class) leading up to El Scorcho followed by a 9-10 hour drive home on the day of the race. I will probably wait until the Thursday or Friday to decide for sure. Tim! Sorry to hear about your cat - we had to do some grave digging at the Bonkin household a few months ago for the same reason. Get your ass out there running, though - it will make you feel better. Plus you will not see any red blinkers if you don't. I think you and I are the only ones needing the blinkers - Len appears to be the RA speed demon this year.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Len

Damn Yankee

Len appears to be the RA speed demon this year.
          That's not sayin much, you guys need to get on the ball.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Non ducor, duco.

I will be there with a friend, but sadly not running. I guess its the aid station for me.
              Cat death sort of shocked me. Shocked
              That's not sayin much, you guys need to get on the ball.
              I need to hire a motivator who will call and harass me such that I get my butt moving.
              I will be there with a friend...
              ...to hi-5 the RA'ers as they pass. Big grin

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

Quick question- What sort of atmosphere does the race have? The reason I ask is because my wife asked me if we should bring the kids (12 and 8), thinking they might enjoy it. I'm all for leaving the kids at home every chance I can.

Quick question- What sort of atmosphere does the race have?
                  Kid friendly? If I was a child, I would probably be bored. Okay, the race starts at midnight. Ask yourself, “what kind of people are out at that hour”? Atmosphere: Nothing special. Park is nicely wooded and sits next to the Trinity River. During the day, it is a fairly nice place to visit. There is a little dinky train you can get tickets for which goes around the park and to the Zoo. (Modal wishes he had made some moves this past May when he was there. Sad He didn't capitalize on the atmosphere. haha ).

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

Atmosphere probably wasn't the best choice of words. And yeah, my kids get bored at 5k's so I guess we can multiply it by a bazillion since it's 25k and midnight.

I would leave the kiddos at home if you can. Not a lot for them to do - besides volunteer. Mine are 11 and 8 and they don't mind a 5K. They even like coming to the finish line for my marathons. Sitting around for a few hours - not a chance. MTA: Regarding the atmosphere, this one is a little different from what you are probably used to. Lots of people will line up camping chairs, coolers, gear etc along the first hundred or so yards of the race course. You will get to pass by your gear and any spectators 5 times.

I will be there with a friend, but sadly not running. I guess its the aid station for me.
                        Awesome. We will be sure to get a picture or two for the RA and Swamp denizens.

Non ducor, duco.

MTA: Regarding the atmosphere, this one is a little different from what you are probably used to. Lots of people will line up camping chairs, coolers, gear etc along the first hundred or so yards of the race course. You will get to pass by your gear and any spectators Andahuff 5 times, while she mopes and feels like a dumbass for not registering.
                          FIXED
                            Bonkin, dude, congrats on setting a new 5K PR! You're getting too fast I stayed out too late so I skipped out on the free race.

Vim

Bonkin, dude, congrats on setting a new 5K PR! You're getting too fast I stayed out too late so I skipped out on the free race.
                              Thanks, Modal! All these people around here that preach "more miles equals speed" are right on. Missed you at the race - but totally understand. Less than 2 weeks to go for El Scorcho! Can't wait.