Wise Words from RAers (Read 1104 times)

RYR. Run your race. Have a plan; follow the plan. Do not worry about how fast or how slow the other runners are going, what they are wearing, how much they are sweating, whether they have skirts on their heads or ipods on their butts. Run your race. RYR.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For your mantra Zoom, I would heed the wise words of Spongebob: I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready...
      I love that...or, to quote another animated favorite, Dori from Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming." Though maybe that would work better if I were Michael Phelps or if I accidentally ran too far East. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

1. let the race come to you. 2. See the beauty 3. "nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!"
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Another Passion

Cassy can't walk. I do really like the RYR from Berner though. That one is awesome and oh so applicable to all of us. You have trained yourself well, Zoomy. You haven't cut any corners and... you're one tough, cool, chick so... go break out a can of whoop-ass on that marathon! Big grin Oh... and remember... forward is forward. (that one went through my head a lot during the last 10k of my first race) Wink

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

jfa

Good Luck Zoomy ~ I'm sure you'll do Great!

Good luck Zoomy! I'll be thinking of you when I run Saturday. And when you finish HTFUing the marathon, don't forget to B*TFU afterward. * Beer, as if you really needed the help there. Big grin
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

You are so going to rock this race. * The amazing Kresgin has spoken *That's just a prediction, not a mantra
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good luck Zoomy! I'll be thinking of you when I run Saturday. And when you finish HTFUing the marathon, don't forget to B*TFU afterward. * Beer, as if you really needed the help there. Big grin
                  Heh, when in Milwaukee... Wink Thanks, everyone for the awesome words of support! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Good luck, K, and great idea for a thread Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

Old, Slow, Happy

I use the HTFU, especially while dealing with my current runners knee issues. I do like the RYR. I'm not good at the planning. Zoomy..I have been keeping track of your planning and dedication to the plan. You will do great in your marathon. I appreciate what you bring to Running Ahead. Good Luck!!!! Remember: 1. Run Your Race, then 2. Forward is Forward, and at the end 3. HTFU!!! You'll be great!!!
                        Good Luck Kirsten!! I hope that you run a great race. Big grin As far as words of wisdom... "Be the ball" ...er, that's all I have Roll eyes
                        - Tony
                          I think Mike put it best: Runners run. MTA: good-luck and stuff. You never forget your first... Wink

Feeling the growl again

From JakeKnight quite recently on carboloading: "A solid week of heavy pasta and Gatorade will not make you run like the wind. They'll make you a chubby diabetic likely to crap yourself and pass out. Simultaneously. "
                            Priceless.... Good luck zoom!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

From Jake (many times) - Run more
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I use the HTFU, especially while dealing with my current runners knee issues. I do like the RYR. I'm not good at the planning. Zoomy..I have been keeping track of your planning and dedication to the plan. You will do great in your marathon. I appreciate what you bring to Running Ahead. Good Luck!!!! Remember: 1. A solid week of heavy pasta and Gatorade will not make you run like the wind. They'll make you a chubby diabetic likely to crap yourself and pass out. Simultaneously. 2. Run Your Race, then 3. Forward is Forward, and at the end 4. HTFU!!! You'll be great!!!
                                Fixed it.. Thanks! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay