seeking gym bag recommendations (Read 120 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

i almost posted in health & nutrition, because later imma mention toenail fungus, but this is primarily a gear Q so here we are.

in about a month, my gym is remodeling and switching from private individual lockers to a day-locker scenario. the lockers will have doors that lock, i.e.: not cubbies, but we won't have them long term. up to now, there've been enough lockers for everyone to have one all to themself, so i just carry the clothes i need for my workout - change, workout, shower, back in my real clothes and back to the office. i wrap my sweaty workout clothes in a plastic bag and carry them home to wash, while my trainers, toiletries, towel, shower shoes stay in the locker room to air and to dry. (i change my towel once a week, mom - jeez.)

so. here's my Q -- what bag do y'all recommend that will hold all my workout gear in such a way that the wet gear (e.g., sweaty shoes, wet towel, wet shower shoes) has a chance to air and to dry, thereby preventing nasty toenail fungus? (<-- there it is.)

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

Unless you have a mesh garment bag to hang it in and let in air, you just need to take it all out and hang it to dry.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

i almost posted in health & nutrition, because later imma mention toenail fungus, but this is primarily a gear Q so here we are.

in about a month, my gym is remodeling and switching from private individual lockers to a day-locker scenario. the lockers will have doors that lock, i.e.: not cubbies, but we won't have them long term. up to now, there've been enough lockers for everyone to have one all to themself, so i just carry the clothes i need for my workout - change, workout, shower, back in my real clothes and back to the office. i wrap my sweaty workout clothes in a plastic bag and carry them home to wash, while my trainers, toiletries, towel, shower shoes stay in the locker room to air and to dry. (i change my towel once a week, mom - jeez.)

so. here's my Q -- what bag do y'all recommend that will hold all my workout gear in such a way that the wet gear (e.g., sweaty shoes, wet towel, wet shower shoes) has a chance to air and to dry, thereby preventing nasty toenail fungus? (<-- there it is.)

As spaniel said, Mesh bag.  They're cheap.

Can this really cause toenail fungus?  I thought it was something in your blood?  Crap, I just wear the same moist, rank-smelling socks from the day before during the week ...

RSX

Day locker situation for years. I don't like bags which have just 1 opening. I like side pockets where I can put a lock, music/headphones in another, etc. so that I'm not going through the whole thing to find small items.

I also keep workout clothes in a plastic bag after. I have a small travel bag in there for shampoo etc. I use a new towel daily but they are the same size a gym may have so don't take up much room. Flip flops are in another plastic bag.

"run" "2" "eat"

RSX -- don't your shower shoes get moldy in a plastic bag?

kencamet -- yes. yes, it can.

spaniel -- not sure you're serious, but in case you are, i'll ask... i usually workout on my lunch hour. how could i hang all my stuff to dry... in my car? in my office? not sure how that would work.

Greg C -- obvs the felix bag is ideal, but alas, not available for purchase. #sadface

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

TJoseph

It is kind of expensive for a gym bag, but I have been using a Red Oxx Safari Beanos PR4.  It is just the right size, has lots of pockets, and is built like a tank.

"run" "2" "eat"

that's a great suggestion but might be out of my price range. thanks, tho. i will consider it.

No Talent Drips

For you, WAFFS!, an honest effort here.

Dei Gratia

"run" "2" "eat"

thanks, nemo! do you use that bag & personally recommend, or just found at anazon? either way it looks good. just wondering.

No Talent Drips

When one is as big a deal as I am, one has to be careful about recommendations...it's tricky, what with endorsement contracts; I'm sure you understand. I recommend not eating mushrooms or mayonnaise.

I have a very similar version of that bag...same company...looks like the same model. I won mine...and really like it. Probably because it was free. It has also held up for two+ years, has a shoe compartment, and two  side compartments for toiletries and whatnot.

MTA: Yes...I recommend it.

But seriously, no mayo.

Dei Gratia

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

For you, WAFFS!, an honest effort here.

$35. Guess I am not a gym person.

$15http://

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BCPR6G?psc=1

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

"run" "2" "eat"

thanks, nemo. i am unaccountably tempted to call you nematode. here's hoping that passes.

runnerclay, $15 is a great price point but something that inexpensive is probably cheap.... right?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

thanks, nemo. i am unaccountably tempted to call you nematode. here's hoping that passes.

runnerclay, $15 is a great price point but something that inexpensive is probably cheap.... right?

Frugal

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

"run" "2" "eat"

can you personally vouch for its durability?