In the mail (Read 866 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I hope not many doctors fall for that kind of crap.
    Research shows that doctors do fall for it. Regardless of what the doctor actually believes (since no doc would ever believe that it does). Even a pen with a drug name will influence. For real.

skinnycaponesugar

Speaking of research! it's very hard to get adequate research funding unless a big corporation is involved. They, of of course, have their own agenda... I'd like to see more proper scientific research done on nutrition, rather than on the development of new drugs. Pharmaceutical companies, for example, aren't likely to fund any research that might reduce their huge market. Health care practitioners have a huge influence, and if you can't trust them, who can you trust, right? It's a difficult job in many levels...Luckily, there seems to be a lot more awareness about what's behind advertising, specially regarding our own health.

Love, Run, Sleep

I would rather my DS not give up HFCS, because who knows what will happen... he might grow up and beat his wife! Oops, wrong ad campaign... never mind! Big grin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Speaking of research! it's very hard to get adequate research funding unless a big corporation is involved.
          Not true. That is why we have private nonprofit and public funding agencies like Robert Wood Johnson, Gates Foundation and the National Institutes of Health.

skinnycaponesugar

Not true. That is why we have private nonprofit and public funding agencies like Robert Wood Johnson, Gates Foundation and the National Institutes of Health.
            I stand corrected...although in my experience that was the case.

Love, Run, Sleep

Best Present Ever

I stand corrected...although in my experience that was the case.
              I don't think it's entirely wrong -- there is more funding for drug research because drug companies fund theirown research. That being said, NIH funds good science (and some bad science too), not product development, so Trent is corrent. There have been a number of very large NIH funded studies of vitamins and lifestyle. NIH and Robert Wood Johnson pay almost all of my salary thorugh research grants and I do research on intimate partner violence -- no one will get rich from my work, including me!
                I would rather my DS not give up HFCS, because who knows what will happen... he might grow up and beat his wife! Oops, wrong ad campaign... never mind! Big grin
                Big grin Big grin Now THAT was funny. Thanks for the laugh! Big grin Big grin
                  Big grin Big grin Now THAT was funny. Thanks for the laugh! Big grin Big grin
                  sure thing... glad I could help ya out. Now, for me? I'm off to rez to pick me yup a carton of newps.