How to get the perfect race finish photo? (Read 2965 times)

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

I like that one. Mikey~ that's a great shot too. I like the look of determination on your face! I've thrown my hands up a few times but I never really thought about positioning until I ran Boston last year. I sped past someone and moved over to a side so that I could be mostly alone in the shot. It's my favorite. Smile http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/lifesabeach/Bostonfinishaltered.jpg
    That is the picture I was looking for! That is what I consider "The perfect race photo". I was actually trying to imitate that photo in mine. I didn't quite get the arm extension though. Yours truly is a great shot.
      Big grin thanks! Next year, I need to be fast enough to have the sun in my face.

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is the best and funniest race photo for me. I think this was at about at the mile 26 sign. I don't recall yelling anything, but if I did I'd put money on it having been a 4-letter word...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/lifesabeach/Bostonfinishaltered.jpg
          What is up with the guy crossing the finish line while walking with his hands in his pockets? It is the FREAKING BOSTON MARATHON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! FINISH STRONG OR DON"T COME ALONG!
          xor

Zoom, honestly, you have the Gomer Pyle look on your face! You must be saying "SHAZAM!"

What is up with the guy crossing the finish line while walking with his hands in his pockets? It is the FREAKING BOSTON MARATHON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! FINISH STRONG OR DON"T COME ALONG!
              LMAO. I think he was jamming along to something on his iPod. Kirsten, that is the funniest look on your face! love it! My surf city from last year was so bad it was funny...I swear, my face looked like death! Shocked

Jennifer mm#1231

xor

Ooo! Surf City. Here's my Surf City (ok, when it was Pacific Shoreline) picture. This is one of those where lots of aspects are fine. Except I blew it by looking down. For no reason whatsoever. Oh well. Getting a great shot is too hard. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, that is the funniest look on your face! love it! My surf city from last year was so bad it was funny...I swear, my face looked like death! Shocked
                  I think I remember that photo...it was definitely worth some good chuckles. That was the race that was entirely in pouring rain and you looked almost gray, right? At the time it must have felt horrible, but the bad and silly photos certainly are more interesting and fun in hindsight. Guess what's going on our family Christmas card this year... Evil grin We have a funny shot of Dane on his bike during his first "race" that will also be on ours. Now DH just needs to come up with a good (bad) one from Death Valley.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ooo! Surf City. Here's my Surf City (ok, when it was Pacific Shoreline) picture. This is one of those where lots of aspects are fine. Except I blew it by looking down. For no reason whatsoever. Oh well. Getting a great shot is too hard. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                    I hate you for showing me a picture with sunshine. Angry LOL, yes Kirsten...Soak City. Everytime it rains, I still suffer a bit of PTSD. A well earned PR. Photobucket

Jennifer mm#1231

IMKY13 finish!!

Here is me crossing the finish line at the MS Blues Half Marathon in Jackson, MS earlier this year. I was trying to get my arms in the air, but I didn't quite make it for the camera..it looks like I am trying to fly Big grin Thanks srlopez...modied to include photo Smile

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

tried to click heels, end up looking like I'm farting... Photobucket or really pissed off... Photobucket somewhere in the middle would be good.
                        And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                          tried to click heels, end up looking like I'm farting... Photobucket
                          that's awesome, Clowning around

Jennifer mm#1231

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

tried to click heels, end up looking like I'm farting... Photobucket
                            Ok, Not cool! While you just farted at the finish, I peed in my pants at work!
                            xor

I don't know how to post photo on here...just a link. Here is me crossing the finish line at the MS Blues Half Marathon in Jackson, MS earlier this year. I was trying to get my arms in the air, but I didn't quite make it for the camera..it looks like I am trying to fly Big grin http://docs.google.com/View?docid=d9jcq2j_3452qtc6hp
                              Hi Paul... I was at that race too! It was fun. The problem is that to get a picture to pop up, you have to link an image location that's specifically (and only) a gif, jpg, or png file. Google docs wraps the images into a bigger file with other stuff. The easiest way to post your shot here would be to save it (right click over the graphic, save image) and then repost it on tinypic.com. Or just tell folks to click it like you did above Smile. jscovill, I do like that farting picture.

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

I don't know how to post photo on here...just a link. Here is me crossing the finish line at the MS Blues Half Marathon in Jackson, MS earlier this year. I was trying to get my arms in the air, but I didn't quite make it for the camera..it looks like I am trying to fly Big grin http://docs.google.com/View?docid=d9jcq2j_3452qtc6hp
                                You must have been flying to do a marathon in 2:14! Wink