How to get the perfect race finish photo? (Read 2965 times)

Why is it sideways?

Here's my best pain face. Taken about 10 meters before the finish.

IMKY13 finish!!

You must have been flying to do a marathon in 2:14! Wink
      I WISH!!! That was for a HALF marathon. My actual time was about a minute faster than that.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

I don't know about the perfect picture. Everything has to work together... a look of triumph or pain... both can be nice, if 100 other aspects work out.
        Here's my favorite. Triumph, pain and relief in the same picture. John
        Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.

Why is it sideways?

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Ok since this has turned into a “what not to do” thread I will post a picture of myself 10 minutes before the finishing picture was taken. I think this picture was taken a few seconds after I staggered to my feet after loosing my breakfast near the Bell tower. I would say I recovered pretty well for the finish? http://www.marathonfoto.com/view_watermark.cfm?CustomerNumber=S19557&NegsNumber=55888479&Orientation=P Oh yea, a key element for a good photo finish is to ditch everything you have in your hands with ¼ of a mile to go. I always ditch my water bottles just out of site of the finish line. Some people ditch their Ipods. I have seen several people get disqualified for finishing pictures of them with an Ipod.
            JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Here's my favorite. Triumph, pain and relief in the same picture. John
              NICE Big grin
                I think this picture was taken a few seconds after I staggered to my feet after loosing my breakfast near the Bell tower.
                Nice....I puked near the Bell Tower before. Of course it was when I was in college and it surely wasn't because of any running....
                JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Nice....I puked near the Bell Tower before. Of course it was when I was in college and it surely wasn't because of any running....
                  Yea the last race on campus that I puked on was called the Hillsborough Hike! I started out like a Bat out of H$ll like I always do! That is the only race I have ever quit in! I think I only made it about 1.6 miles.
                    Yea the last race on campus that I puked on was called the Hillsborough Hike! I started out like a Bat out of H$ll like I always do! That is the only race I have ever quit in! I think I only made it about 1.6 miles.
                    Hopefully you weren't pushing the double stroller for the Hillsborough Hike.... Big grin You should try the Krispy Kreme Challenge in 2009 - you can keep your streak of puking at the Bell Tower alive!!!!

Flat footer

Mine would be ok if it looked like I was running. Roll eyes I did it!
                      xor

Hee. I love those pictures where everything could be just right... except they capture your feet at the precise moment when they are together and you look more like a statue than a runner. Gumhead is doing ye olde Statue of Liberty.

Flat footer

Gumhead is doing ye olde Statue of Liberty.
                          Oh my god you're right! Surprised
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

tried to click heels, end up looking like I'm farting... Photobucket
                            You need me to be your official race photographer. My camera can do 5 frames/second...I totally would have caught the heel-click AND the fart action! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

You need me to be your official race photographer. My camera can do 5 frames/second...I totally would have caught the heel-click AND the fart action! Big grin
                              Casio has a camera that does 60 FPS at full resolution now! Then you would never miss a shot. Or atleast not until the memory card was full!
                              JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

tried to click heels, end up looking like I'm farting... Photobucket
                                Lost in all of the laughing was the fact that he did a 2:33 marathon. I would probably S@!T myself if I saw a 2:33 for my marathon time! Good job those are some fantastic times!