How many miles did you get out of your Kayano 14's? (Read 884 times)

AroundTheHorn

I'm at around 350 and still holding strong. What's the typical output for these ugly ass shoes?
    Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
    AroundTheHorn

Thanks for the input, you've all been very helpful. Dead
      mikeymike

350? You'll ruin your knees! Asics and it's retailers would tell you you're way overdue for a new pair. I don't wear the Kayanos but my last pair of Asics Speedstars (which are, lets face it, nothing like the Kayanos) were good for about 600 miles.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

Cumulus. Nothing like the Kayanos, but I got two pairs, each closing in on 500 miles, still feeling good.
            I don't wear the Kayanos but my last pair of Asics Speedstars (which are, lets face it, nothing like the Kayanos) were good for about 600 miles.
            Cumulus. Nothing like the Kayanos, but I got two pairs, each closing in on 500 miles, still feeling good.
            When you get to the level of a MikeyMike or Jeff, your shoes last a lot longer since your feet don't noticeably touch the ground. Big grin

I went to 750 miles on my last pair of 13's... but I was in desperate need of a change. My new shoes feel like i'm running on pillows!
              ymmv

I just retired 2 pairs of kayano 14s at 400 miles. They still seem fine though. I have a third pair with 230 miles on them. I retired my kayano 13s at about 300 miles.
                  I got 360 on my last pair, but my knees were starting to feel it.
                  AroundTheHorn

I'm going to run on these till the bottom falls out. It's funny, I put on my new pair of Kayano's and they felt like ass. Guess I've grown attached to the old bastards....
                      I put 470 on my last pair of 14s and closing in on 400 on this pair. I never think they feel bad until I try on a new pair again.
                      Purdey

Self anointed title

My first (and last) pair of Kayanos lasted about 560 I think. In reality I think they were about finished well before I retired them. I am not a fan of Kayanos. I think the GT 21xx series is a far better shoe at a more realistic price. I alternate two pairs of Gt2130s and a pair of Gel 3000s. The 2130s have 357 and 470 miles on them and feel like they are just broken in.

I threw away a couple of nice 2110s at the begining of my running life based on the advice that 300 miles is the max. Now I have a NB 826 that has 400+ on it and is my favorite shoe that I plan to run another 300-400 miles in. The cumulus is just begining to get comfortable for me at about 200 miles.

TRIing to beat the heat!

I'm nearing 300 miles on my Kayano 14's and I'm about ready to retire them to studio/gym shoes. They've lost a good deal of their forefoot cushioning (I'm a sold mid-foot striker). Outsole still looks pretty good, though.

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL