Superfeet Success Stories? (Read 1440 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sa-weet! I just had a killer awesome run! It HAS to be the insoles, since my last 3/4 runs have been some of the best runs I have had since early May! I was between sizes due to width of my foot and my heel, so I had did pick me up a pair of size Cs (first pair were Ds that I had to trim quite a bit of length from) for comparison. Wore them yesterday, but they didn't agree with me as well (I think they don't cup my heel as well or control overpronation--my arch feels a bit like it's "hanging" in those smaller insoles) and my knee was bothering me by the sort of "typical" point in my run that has given me problems over the last couple of months. Today I went back to the Ds and had an awesome run...will save the Cs to put in general shoes...maybe can justify a silly pair of Chuck Taylors for fun as long as I have a good pair of insoles in them. Someone should beat me over the head for not trying a more structured insole a LONG time ago. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Glad to hear it. I am a SuperFeet true believer. Went from the orthoperdic office unable to walk pain free to going for my first 10-miler tomorrow morning. They are the reason I can run. So glad they're working for you!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ditto to you! It's crazy...I have read so many testimonials from runners who have said that Superfeet insoles were nothing short of miraculous in curing a variety of injury issues and I figured it was always coincidental...but after 3 months of shit-fer-runs there is no coincidence that this entire week of running has felt SO much better. The only thing different about this week's runs compared to my last few months was a simple slab of molded plastic and foam. Ahhh...Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

Zoom (or anyone else) - you mentioned putting the C's into a normal pair of shoes. Are these for non-running shoes too? DW uses some orthodics and is tired of moving from one shoe to the next. Thought to get her a pair of these to try in some of her causals. Glad to see you're back running pain free. Sucks to hurt when running.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think most of the Superfeet models can be used in a variety of footwear. The "berry" (pink) ones I have are intended mostly for casual and athletic footwear. They have some styles that are for hockey and ice skates and others that are specifically for dress shoes. The 2 styles I see people using most for running are the blue, green and berry. The green ones have a higher arch and cushioning, as do the berry (which are pretty much the same as the green, but shaped more for a woman's foot), the blues are a bit lower in the arch because they are supposed to have no additional padding. I think...?

~ Sarah Kay

De-slacking in progress

This web site just cost me $35 !!! ( but that's ok- I've received $1,000's of free advice) I run all country backroads and have developed PF issues, and after reading the multiple posts about Superfeet Green I stoppped at the store on the way to work today and bought a pair. Will be using them in the morning. I'm praying they work for me in curing what ails me just like the rest of you proclaimed. I'll give them 2 weeks and report back....

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hope they work for you, too. I think it's Jake Knight that had them cure his long battle with PF. Give them 2 weeks, certainly, but you may well feel a difference in the first few miles you do. I definitely felt major improvement after just one run...or the run itself at least felt "right." I hadn't had a run that didn't feel miserable and slow for a long time before that. I think my feet and knees had been going wonky for a very long time before the corrective insoles.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

2 week update: Wow...I'd say that my knee is at least 80% better. Tonite I ran 5 and really had very minimal twinges of anything wrong and mostly only going down hills. I wager that in another week my knee will be almost fully healed. I am totally sold on these things. I ordered a pair of greens just to compare to the berry ones, and to not have to continuously be switching insoles out every time I rotate my shoes (currently have 3 pair in heavy rotation).

~ Sarah Kay

My wife uses the green superfeet and has had some good success with them.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Old, Slow, Happy

Hey Zoomy-or anyone!! I have been dealing with a mild case of runners knee. I looked at the Superfeet site. I did not know which insole I should use. I have very flat feet and am a severe over-pronator. The only two insole for high wear said they were for moderate-arched people. The one for flat footed people were not recommended for high wear. I run about 50 miles per week and I am somewhat large (6' 3" and 200 lbs.) Any recommendations?
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did it recommend the blue ones? Those are the ones I've always heard work well for flat feet, though I don't believe they offer any cushioning.

~ Sarah Kay

Old, Slow, Happy

Thanks--I'll check them out. By the way, Good Luck with your marathon!! I haven't done one yet. I'm a chicken. If I can get the knee issue resolved, I think I'll try one.You'll be my inspiration. Again... Good Luck!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll do great.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Aww, thanks, Richard. I hope you can find a solution to your knee issues, too. It's a frustrating injury, since so many things can cause it...hard to pinpoint the real cause.

~ Sarah Kay

Into the wild

2 week update: I ordered a pair of greens just to compare to the berry ones, and to not have to continuously be switching insoles out every time I rotate my shoes (currently have 3 pair in heavy rotation).
                              I thought you had too much time on your hands.....seems you got too much money too Smile BTW, I just ordered the green version Evil grin

Shut up and run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought you had too much time on your hands.....seems you got too much money too Smile BTW, I just ordered the green version Evil grin
                                Nah...cheaper than buying shoes that don't work. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay