First 5K in 5 years tomorrow (Read 497 times)

andyndallas

Well.......we will see how the older me holds up in a race. I have been running again since January and have dropped the weight I needed to so that my hips and ankles did not hurt so when I ran. Would like to eventually get to sub 20, but figure a 22 to 23 minute finish is possible tomorrow. We shall see.
    ...and miles to go before I sleep
      Good luck! Smile
        Good luck! Be sure to let us know how you do. Smile

Michelle

My legs are killing me

Go get em Andy! Good luck. Good luck to you too Mississippi in the Jersey Marathon. Wish I was there!
            What race are you running? Best on it.

Vim

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good luck! I ran my first race in 7 years in March, and it was a blast to be back.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

andyndallas

What race are you running? Best on it.
                Allen Springfest 5k
                andyndallas

Windy and cold. 41 degrees with wind chill. Wind at 24mph. Finished in 23:07 Could really tell I am not there yet. Went out too fast, and kept getting really tight. Hard to stay loose and smooth. Good to be back in it though.
                    I quit racing for about 7 years recently. I ran a 22:20 on my 1st 5k race ...came back 6 weeks later and earned 20:51. The 1st race teaches you alot. Don't give up!
                      Windy and cold. 41 degrees with wind chill. Wind at 24mph. Finished in 23:07 Could really tell I am not there yet. Went out too fast, and kept getting really tight. Hard to stay loose and smooth. Good to be back in it though.
                      Nice run! (just a warm up?)

Vim