Southern Ontario: Missing Person (Read 431 times)

Thanks for the update, didn't know they found the truck or how they knew about the tattoo.  I hope they find him soon.

This whole case is so odd.  So it appears the real motive may have been an actual abduction, versus just stealing the truck?  And the criminal they caught was not some random thug, but appears to be from a fairly affluent family with some accomplishments of their own (age records for helicopter and fixed flight)?

A good reminder to be very careful when dealing with people over the internet....I recently sold a truck via similar Craigslist method as well.  A good half of the replies I got were iffy enough not to respond.

The case is very odd.  If I weren't personally close to it due to my brother's friendship with him, I'd express a lot of those same questions relating to motive.

Yes, from what I understand, the criminal was from an affluent family with world records in flying airplanes and helicopters at a young age and was most recently a Baja off road Race Car driver.  The other criminals not yet found are likely also within that group of friends of his.

Since they attempted a similar abduction the day before with that obese man, I tend to believe that they were just stealing the truck.  And that is very odd.  Why steal / abduct / harm a man when stealing a truck?  It would cause less alert to steal a vehicle if there is NOT a missing person associated with the vehicle!

As it relates to KiJiJi, CraigsList, AutoTrader, and similar online sites..... Yes, be very careful if you sell online.  I've likely bought and sold over 100 items online through craigslist over the past 10 years, and I'll likely be scarred by this story to the point where I'll change my purchasing / selling methodology.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

This will likely be my last update on this thread....

They fournd his body.

So far, they've arrested 1 of 3 or more of the murderers.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/missing-ancaster-ont-man-tim-bosma-found-dead-police-1.1280486

Be careful when selling / buying online through Craigslist or similar websites.

Life Goals:

Village people

Oh no. I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you, his family and his friends. Stuff like this doesn't usually happen around there.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm so sorry.

I'm really sorry to hear that; that's awful news.

Really sad that a person is killed for a truck or any other things.

#artbydmcbride

Ugh, so awful  Sad

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I am so sorry for his family and those of you who knew him.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Such sad news this morning to hear. Wishing strength for his friends and family.

I had hoped for a different outcome, Brian.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

ckerr1999

My sincere condolenses. I have been following the story for the last week as I live in Toronto. I was really hoping he would come home alive to his family.  My prayers and thoughts are with the family.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I am so very sorry.

TRUST THE PROCESS

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Brian, I am so sorry.

The alleged murderer was CEO of a charter airline company?  Insane!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So very sorry.  I was really hoping this would have a happier ending.  Jessica Heeringa is still missing and it doesn't really sound like there are any solid leads.  I have a horrible feeling that if she's found it will be under similar circumstances.  Brian, hugs to your brother and to the rest of Tim's loved ones.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It's been a couple of months since I posted on this and I wasn't planning on posting any more. in this thread.

Quick update

From May, 2013, Ontario Canada:

Regarding Tim Bosma:  They arrested 2 people so far, and although the evidence points directly to them (truck on his property, body on his property, incinerator purchased by him, tattoo matching eyewitness account), both of them plead not guilty.  Sad story.  The ringleader murderer is a 27 year old, wealthy, CEO of an airline.

Life Goals:

I'm proud of Tim's wife and what she has gone through and what she is doing now.

She's a young woman, and she's going through a difficult time, but when I read this article yesterday, I realize how good the community surrounding her has been, and how mature she is in her response to this difficult situation.

Life Goals: