More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

joescott

I'm not sure what was up with it.  I did a high mileage week (107) in June and it felt like a shin splint.  But I ran on it for another month until it got too painful and switched to biking for a month.  After it got better, I tried to make up the lost mileage and ended up with the same pain.  Which I continued to run on lol.  So I'm a dumbass, obviously.  Six weeks off this time, with it too cold and icy to bike so I have been walking.  This week is my first time running since the beginning of November.  Doubled up a couple compression sleeves and that helps.  But it's touch and go.  The deal breaker for me is if it hurts just walking around, and so far I don't have that yet.  Fingers crossed.

Mmmmm...  my son had a similar experience this fall that almost completely wrecked his cross country season.  We are keeping a close eye on it as he trains through the winter.  I think you are wise -- "The deal breaker for me is if it hurts just walking around."  With him, I ask him if he can hop up and down on one leg without pain.  Good luck and heal up!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

LedLincoln, sometimes I get the feeling Niko is quite glad when we don't run!  I think deep down inside he is a couch potato.  Glad you are making progress with your dog!

Thanks Joe!  Hope your son is all healed up from his injury!

Leah, mother of dogs

keeponrunning

Mmmmm...  my son had a similar experience this fall that almost completely wrecked his cross country season.  We are keeping a close eye on it as he trains through the winter.  I think you are wise -- "The deal breaker for me is if it hurts just walking around."  With him, I ask him if he can hop up and down on one leg without pain.  Good luck and heal up!

When I had a stress fx in my foot, that was the determining exercise for "can I run yet?"

Glad to not be part of this group tonight.  Only 8F but I only ran 4.7mi.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Not that I really wanted to join this club this year, but I guess I'm in.  4 miles, -4 degrees this morning.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

LedLincoln, sometimes I get the feeling Niko is quite glad when we don't run!  I think deep down inside he is a couch potato.  Glad you are making progress with your dog!

Cushions, blankets, Annie definitely loves her creature comforts, when she's not out walking/running/chasing squirrels. No different from any other dog that way.

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

I joined the club on Saturday ... 8miles at 2 degrees.  As expected.. the hard part was getting out the door.  Once we got moving, it wasn't that bad.

Tim 

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

8 miles in 2 degrees.  Saw an excellent sunrise.

Leah, mother of dogs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Piece 'o' cake today.  0F, 6.5 miles.

joescott

8 miles in 2 degrees.  Saw an excellent sunrise.

Piece 'o' cake today.  0F, 6.5 miles.

Yay!  I thought surely I cannot be the only one today.  (10 miles, 6F).  Sadly it was still dark when I got home so no sunrise for me!

- Joe

JimR

6 miles at 5F.  In shorts!

joescott

Winner!!!!!!

- Joe

#artbydmcbride

with sweaty feet?

Runners run

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

I got cold just thinking about this ...

Tim 

IMKY13 finish!!

Just joined this club Saturday (barely....but it still counts).  Ran 12 miles with 11 degrees at time of start

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

keeponrunning

I did 5 miles in 3F today, but I had leggings underneath track pants covering my legs!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022