More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes, love that full moon on the new-fallen snow! Smile

ScubaSteve

It was easy this morning to join the club in the Chicago area.  I got 2 miles in in -3 degrees F.

For me 10 > 6 today.

Yes, Kathleen, it was breathtakingly beautiful in our little corner of the world this morning.  I had to run like a turtle to keep from falling on the snow/ice, but the beauty of the scenery made it all worth it, what with the moon just hanging there in a frosty black sky, its light falling across the thin layer of white snow veiling the grass, roads, houses and the iced-over little lake I ran around.  It was awesome.  A reward for those of us who hardened up to get out there in the cold today!

Me too, Joe. I had the littlest baby steps the whole way. It was just breathtaking this morning.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

blimoco

Figured I'd post my entry into the club...this was a little more solid than last year's entry (1 mile in 0 degrees).  Tonight was 9 miles in 4 degrees.  Clear night sky with plenty of stars and a large moon.  Loved every moment of it. Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yesterday it was four degrees below zero; today it was four degrees below freezing, or 32 degrees warmer. Not in the club today by a long shot.

I'm still nowhere near getting into the club. It hasn't gottwn below 20 all winter here Sad

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm still nowhere near getting into the club. It hasn't gottwn below 20 all winter here Sad

You live in the tropics!

joescott

welcome blimoco and ScubaSteve 

BALMY 28 this morning, and I didn't even get close to that.  Hopefully, I'm quitting the club until next December!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

You live in the tropics!

Lol, I wish!! Smile

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

This is not a bad thing ....  Smile

Tim 

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

4 degrees and 8 miles on XC skis (still babying my leg).  I formed my first snotcicle as I am not terribly good at skiing and I have to keep my head down and look at my skis to make sure they stay in the path, which leads to constant dripping that lands on my neck gaiter.  By the time I got home it was nearly an inch long.  I did not take a photo.

Leah, mother of dogs

This is not a bad thing ....  Smile

Not unless you want in the club, lol.

joescott

I did not take a photo.

Bless you!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Hi team! I haven't posted here in a long while. Below is a shot of me after a cold run on Tuesday (2-3-15)  where I earned 8 MMTD on a 4 mile run in -4 degrees.

Yesterday I earned 12 MMTD with a 5 mile run in -7 degrees.

Cold Run

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Hoban-Jay

Me either...it was 65 degrees today here in Colorado!!!