Less is more? / Hair in low places (Read 2508 times)

Get Lost :)

http://www.zombierunner.com/store/brands/merrell/product3095.html

In this case, less shoe is way more money. Why are shoes this expensive? My last two pairs of shoes have cost me $0 (fortunate to have a friend with NB connections) and $37. The $37 shoes had 582 miles on them before the stitched part of the upper detached from the sole (but otherwise just fine). My current shoes have 354 miles on them and appear to be going strong.

http://www.zombierunner.com/store/brands/merrell/product3095.html

In this case, less shoe is way more money. Why are shoes this expensive? My last two pairs of shoes have cost me $0 (fortunate to have a friend with NB connections) and $37. The $37 shoes had 582 miles on them before the stitched part of the upper detached from the sole (but otherwise just fine). My current shoes have 354 miles on them and appear to be going strong.

It's the same concept as women's swimsuit or evening dress! ;o)

kcam

Midsole/outsole

• 4mm compression molded EVA midsole cushions
        • 1mm forefoot shock absorption plate maintains forefoot flexibility and protects the foot by distributing pressure
        • 0mm ball to heel drop keeps you connected to your terrain
        • Wash as needed in cold water, gentle cycle and air dry
        • Vibram Trail Glove Sole/ Rubber Compound TC-1

Weight: 6.2 ounces / 175.8 grams (1/2 pair)

This is actually a very interesting shoe.  They are trying to capitalize on the minimalist running trend by charging so much.  What I really like, and wouldn't mind trying, is a lightweight shoe like this one that has 0mm heel to ball drop!  Why'd you post this?!

MTA:  for no reason!Wink

It's the same concept as women's swimsuit or evening dress! ;o)

that really depends on if there's more or less of the woman :-)

keeponrunning

that really depends on if there's more or less of the woman :-)

+1.  I've been scarred by some of the women who insist on not using the stalls for changing. at the fitness centre.  *shudder*

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

xor

You have stalls for changing?

Huh.

We're just "out there".

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

All those adjectives cost $$$$ bud.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

+1.  I've been scarred by some of the women who insist on not using the stalls for changing. at the fitness centre.  *shudder*

HA!  My wife took our 4 year old to the gym last weekend.  The wife took her into the b-room to wash her hands and an elderly lady walked past them naked.  My daughter says to my wife, "Why do her boobies hang down so far?"  Luckily the old lady didn't hear, but a younger one did and couldn't stop laughing.

Regarding things seen in the gym.  Some guy was blow drying his ass yesterday when I was there.  What's up with that?  I've never had to blow dry my ass.  Anybody here do that?

xor

Don't do it. Have seen it.  Also blow drying of armpits is pretty common.

And the dreaded blow drying of junk.  That right there is a shudder, hell yes.

(and no I didn't stare.  One of those 'instantly look away' things accompanied by a barely audible "Dude.").

Teresadfp

One day at a time

What, they didn't have a towel or something?? That's bizarre.  I've never seen a blow dryer used that way.  Joking

Balancing that long on your toes is good for the calves!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hey, nice marmot!

It is bizarre, but I'm pretty sure it's a generational thing.  There is a different "culture" in an older-guy locker room than there is in a younger-guy locker room.

The oatmeal has covered this.  Minor differences  (scroll to the bottom).

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

It is bizarre, but I'm pretty sure it's a generational thing.  There is a different "culture" in an older-guy locker room than there is in a younger-guy locker room.

The oatmeal has covered this.  Minor differences  (scroll to the bottom).

Yeah, the guy blow drying his ass was probably 70. 

keeponrunning

You have stalls for changing?

Huh.

We're just "out there".

We don't have many, so I can see when it's busy some people having to change in the main part.  I'll admit I've done it when no stalls are available.  The difference between me and some people who fail to use them is a)  I'm not 300lb, and b) I cover up with a towel as to not flash the entire change room.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

a)  I'm not 300lb, and b) I cover up with a towel as to not flash the entire change room.  

See, this is an unfortunate combination.  Should be: A or B, but not A and B.