Sore lower abdominals (Read 429 times)

My lower abs have felt sore on and off for the past several weeks - kind of feels like I did a lot of sit ups. I'm not sure if it's even running related. I also have a pulling type pain that kind of comes & goes - it's in my groin/lower ab area. Like, sometimes when I take my shoes off without untying them first, an I use one foot to push the other shoe off I feel it pull. Any insight?

Princess Cancer Pants

Ahhh...I have experienced this after longer runs, especially as I prepared for my first half marathon last Fall. Now that I am doing ab work on a regular basis I am guessing that it won't be as much of a problem. Our stomach muscles really do seem to do a lot of work when we run. Supporting our backs and keeping us upright likely involves more ab muscles than most of us realize--until they hurt. Smile k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown