Treatment to Remove Toenail Fungus (Read 18215 times)

Psoriasis is not the same as eczema, at all.

Psoriasis can be just an uncomfortable disease of the skin, or it can involve other organ systems.

I know psoriasis is not eczema. 

Believe me, as a guy who has eczema, I know just about everything a "layman", if you want to use that term, could know about it.

I just wanted to know why psoriasis could be considered serious.

Jeff

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I figured.  Was just being clear for everybody else. Smile

I figured.  Was just being clear for everybody else. Smile

Doesn't make any difference.  They don't listen. :-)

And, man, I hate eczema.  I can live with it on my feet, but, it sucks having it on your hands.

Jeff

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Olive oil, my friend.  Good stuff Wink

Olive oil, my friend.  Good stuff Wink

Well, I'm partial to a mixture of avocado and almond.  :-)

Seriously, if any of you out there have this problem...take 1 cup of sea salt, 1/2 cup almond oil and 1/2 cup avocado oil, mix it up, and use it as a scrub every day.  Then apply hand cream.  If you want a nicer fragrant scrub, put some "essential oil" (crappy marketing term) extract in there too, but, beware, if you use some citrus oil extract, and you have cuts on your hands, it can HURT!

I'm not sure which sea salt is better.  Right now I'm on a Dead Sea salt kick (since I bought it, and still have some left), but I have a feeling that all those "minerals and crap" don't make a damn bit of difference.  It's just the abrasion that helps.  And therein, in my opinion, is the difference in which type of salt.  Some have larger grains, some are softer, etc. 

Of course, this only deals with the symptoms, and not the disease.  Eczema is an immune issue (or so they think), and sometimes I wonder if diet might play a role, like, if I'm allergic to something and don't know it.  Problem is, there are no specifics, and if you change your diet, it might take years to figure it out, if ever.  I certainly haven't had any success in that regard.

I've tried, by the way, topical steroid creams, which worked sort of in the beginning, but, about after six months, they weren't very effective anymore, and I was really suffering from skin atrophy.  Just about ANYTHING would cut the skin on my hands.  And, as a programmer, I can tell you, it HURTS to type with the tips of your fingers cut.

The other "new" class of drugs scares me.  At best, it's annoying, because it's an ointment, not a cream.  At worst, it has been linked (although very loosely) to cancer and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.  I'm not sure if I'm interested.  Although a dermatologist friend said that the correlations were exaggerated.

So, winter sucks, but I can live with it, I have no choice.  Summer...not too bad, until I go swimming or something, and I come out of the water with scaly, flaking hands.  Working in the garden or around the house is always an adventure...am I going to cut myself, then spend a week waiting for it to heal...

Getting old sucks.  If this is the worst that happens to me I guess that I should rejoice.

Jeff

Area Man

Anyone have any thoughts to the theory that you can get ugly toenails that look like fungus if you play sports like soccer and basketball and pretty much beat the heck out of them for several years?

Also, anyone here have toenails removed?  If so, how does that impact your running?  Is there a downside to have them removed?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anyone have any thoughts to the theory that you can get ugly toenails that look like fungus if you play sports like soccer and basketball and pretty much beat the heck out of them for several years?

This occurs too.

jennica98

Here in our place, the most preferred and prescribed by the doctors is the product Fungusil. I agree with other users comments that the best way is to consult a doctor first. And after that try to present on the doctor the treatment you've thinking you want to try. But I'm pretty sure that they will not recommend the home remedies. Much, they considered the topical products you've mentioned above.

xor

How does one pronounce "Fungusil".

Fun-GOO-seal?

FUN-ga-sil?

>> Much, they considered the topical products you've mentioned above.

Much?

Much?

The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here about toenail fungus.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

#artbydmcbride

Fun-GOO-seal?

FUN-ga-sil?

Much?

English is not everyone's first language.    Smile

Runners run

privatt23

I would like to share my thoughts here about the issue I have few years ago. Anway I was fit and running every day and one day I discover some strange spots on my nails, I though its fungus.... Long story short it was Nail Psoriasis. Now I'm struguling by walking. Go strait to doctor, altho you can chek out effective way how to deal with fungus here http://toenailfungustreatments.com/ it look like legit site.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Fun-GOO-seal?

FUN-ga-sil?

Much?

Fun-goose-seal?

Fun-juice-seal?

Fungus-ill?  Some mushrooms will do that to you.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

fun - jih - sill

Think: vagisil.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all.