Who else is having bad luck with weather? (Read 695 times)

I swear the past 2 weeks (I live in southeast tennessee for school. born and raised in nj Big grin) have been filled with rain coming down at the perfectly wrong time. I know some friends in NJ called me and were complaining about prom being rainy (as was mine). Running in the rain is a lot less enjoyable here on the roads (no trails where I live) and when I ran XC in nj it was all trails and rain didn't hinder me quite as much unless it was torrential.

glutton for punishment

yea it sucks but its helping the drought get out there and run, adversity builds character i see you are going to do a marathon at chickamauga - did you run the chickamauga chase 15K?
      PRs: 5K - 22:15 May 09 10K - 47:11 feb 09 15K - 1:16 april 09 HM - 1:47 nov 08
        I sure am...this is the second Sunday in a row we've had to cancel our group trail run due to massive thunderstorms. Today I got parked just as they were rolling in, waited 30 minutes to see if things would calm down, finally gave up and left. Of course, just as I'm almost home, the rain starts to let up. I have no problem running in the rain and have definitely gotten to experience that here lately. Here in Birmingham, AL, we've had a flood watch in effect almost every evening for the last week, so the trails were a mud bath yesterday. After last night's and this afternoon's downpour, I can only imagine what they're like today.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I love running in the rain. Tennessee started off the year some 2 feet below for rainfall over the past few years. So I am loving the rain here in Tennessee for more reasons than one. This morning, the National Weather Service releases a statement that the normal May rainfall for TN is 5 inches, and we are already 6.57 inches here just ten days into the month!!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wusses. Come run with me in January when it's not at all uncommon to get a foot of snow in a single day (which isn't reliably plowed), sub-0 temps, ice, and wicked winds. Rain...sheesh. As long as there's no lightning and it's not in the 40s and windy rain is fun. Plus...it sure beats those oppressively hot Summers you guys get down there. Enjoy these moderate temps while you have them.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

12-week layoff

Today it was 88. It's only May. Tis a long time until late October, when I can run outside again without sausage fingers. But no snow here. Ever. Hurricanes, but no snow. You can have that, zoomie.
                yea it sucks but its helping the drought get out there and run, adversity builds character i see you are going to do a marathon at chickamauga - did you run the chickamauga chase 15K?
                I've never run a race or anything down here, only lived here since October and that's when my physical therapy ended :P It's not that I won't go out for a run in the rain, I just can't listen to my ipod and it really stinks when I think it's nice and clear out and then a huge storm hits.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just can't listen to my ipod
                  Why not? I've never had one crap-out in the rain (depending upon which one you have you can clip it to your waist where your shirt will help protect it). I also don't use the Apple headphones, but prefer the Sennheiser sport models which are virtually bombproof and can be soaked. No short-outs from rain or sweat there, either.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I love running in the rain. Tennessee started off the year some 2 feet below for rainfall over the past few years. So I am loving the rain here in Tennessee for more reasons than one.
                    Yep. Same for North Georgia, we've been in an "exceptional" drought (which is even worse than "extreme") for the last year or so, and we are so glad to get the rain. Thanks to the wet Spring, we're close to normal. Plus I grew up in Arizona where we never got rain so anything wet falling from the sky is OK with me. Bring it on!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

If 95 degrees in May is bad luck, then yes, horrible, horrible, horrible luck.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

flatland mountaineer

Getting gorgeous gentle soaking spring rains here, playing havoc with planting yes, running no way, even coming on Sunday so I can get a long run in(mud run). Smile Now running in a plains supercell T-storm is just plain crazy and a whole 'nother thing.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

as I mentioned in another thread, so far its been freakin' cold, freakin' hot and freakin'wet. Whatever... Smile
                          March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
                            Why not? I've never had one crap-out in the rain (depending upon which one you have you can clip it to your waist where your shirt will help protect it). I also don't use the Apple headphones, but prefer the Sennheiser sport models which are virtually bombproof and can be soaked. No short-outs from rain or sweat there, either.
                            My iPod touch busted because of the rain and I even had a Griffin case and invisible shield covering it. Just bad luck. It's not fully busted but it has plenty of battery and start-up problems. It was in my pocket =/