Help with leg pain (Read 438 times)

Giants Fan

Ok I need some advice. I had a great run yesterday (did 8--felt great) I've been having this on and off pain in my lower right leg around the ankle. Today I had to stop, stretch, then just slow way down and cut run short because of it. It still hurts now. My leg is also swollen. What is this??? Do I go to the doctor? or not? Problem is I hate my primary...need to find new one so I'm in transition. Any advice would be appreciated. I did ice this morning, will again 2 more times today. Should I wait and watch? The pain is just above my right ankle on the inside of the leg.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Dave

I'm facing some similar kinds of issues but higher up in my legs right now, Midwest. Also coming off of a recent marathon. At a minimum, I think you need to cut way back, do some crosstraining (elliptical is usually good). See if that helps along with the other parts of RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation). After a week or so, if it still hurts, I'd get it checked out. What I wouldn't do is continue to aggravate it too much. It's become a vicious cycle for me. It hurts, I cut back and ice it, it feels better, I run again, it hurts... Hopefully you can avoid the same cycle. Now if only I could take my own advice Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Giants Fan

I know it is so hard not to run. Especially since I have a treadmill at home, no other option. Thanks...I will MAKE myself do something else for a week or two see if that helps! Now this could be my excuse to get the stand for my bike so I can train indoors on it....

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz