Running makes the ordinary EXTRAORDINARY! (Read 1402 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hot shower = ordinary Hot shower after running in cold rain = extraordinary! drinking beer = ordinary drinking beer after run = extraordinary! listening to funny audiobooks = ordinary listening to funny audiobooks and nearly losing control of one's legs from laughing = extraordinary! 60º day with birds signing = ordinary 60º day with birds singing while running = extraordinary! muscle pain for no good reason = ordinary muscle pain from a good hard run = extraordinary! watch line from a standard watch = ordinary watch line from a big, honkin Garmin = extraordinary! Whatchoo got?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eating free Ben and Jerry's ice cream = extraordinary Eating free Ben and Jerry's ice cream after a run = extra-extraordinary
      xor

normal stench - ordinary stench after a long run - extraordinary! cursing - ordinary cursing during my 50 milers - extraordinary! marathon finish time - ordinary marathon finish time w/ gunshot wound - extraordinary (no matter what the numbers are)

Just Happy to Run

Nipples = ordinary Painfully Chaffed Nipples after forgetting to protect them on a long run = extraordinary! Taking a shower with said Chaffed Nipples = extra-extraordinary
          Jason

2010 Goals
          • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LMAO reading a message board = ordinary LMAO reading a running message board = extraordinary! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Nipples = ordinary Painfully Chaffed Nipples after forgetting to protect them on a long run = extraordinary! Taking a shower with said Chaffed Nipples = extra-extraordinary
              hehe...you said nipple

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Just Happy to Run

hehe...you said nipple
                Big grin ...just don't touch mine for another 24 hours.... Shocked
                Jason

2010 Goals
                • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
                Ben Running

Having to drop the kids off at the pool - ordinary Having to drop the kids off at the pool 5 miles away from home on a long run - extraordinary
                  xor

Big grin ...just don't touch mine for another 24 hours.... Shocked
                    Mine are available. No waiting.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Having to drop the kids off at the pool - ordinary Having to drop the kids off at the pool 5 miles away from home on a long run - extraordinary
                      Especially when the pool is empty, filled with leaves, no leafy trees or shrubbery in sight, and cars keep going by to witness the, ahem, transaction.

~ Sarah Kay

Just Happy to Run

Mine are available. No waiting.
                        I'll pass. Thanks.
                        Jason

2010 Goals
                          eating=ordinary eating as much as someone three times your size after a long run = extraordinary sweating=ordinary sweating for so long during a run that it turns to salt=extraordinary spitting=ordinary spitting into the wind and subsequently onto yourself during a run=extraordinary

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

eating=ordinary eating as much as someone three times your size after a long run = extraordinary
                            Yeah...but if I keep doing this I will be the one 3x larger than my current self. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

sleeping = ordinary a nap after a long run = extraordinary.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

sleeping = ordinary a nap after a long run = extraordinary.
                                On that note... A good night's sleep = ordinary A good night's sleep during the last few weeks of marathon training before taper = extraordinary! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay