Increasing Easy Runs? (Read 1155 times)

Thanks for the info guys. I think if I go at an easier pace I could up the mileage. A "real" easy pace seems like it should be a bit unnatural, so that's what I'll go for.

undue monkey

Should we have a bald guys forum? I'm down. Check it out, nearly all the smileys are bald.
      A "real" easy pace seems like it should be a bit unnatural...
      I feel the same way. I'm kinda on the tall side and anything slower than 9:15-9:30 feels awkward. However, I'm surrounded by hills so from a heart rate perspective that pace is way too ambitious for an easy run. Who am I kidding, it'd be too ambitious on a track. On Mondo. with a tailwind.
        Ya most people say that. Seems a bit odd at first but you will get use to it. You might get a few weird aches at first also but adjust to it quickly. Keep up the good work.
          noonan, Got any name suggestions? -a few good heads -run faster, be bald -once you go bald...
            Pretty much hair free here for awhileSmile Count me in the group!!
            db7

If you check out the low HR training group, you will see people running much slower than you are running now. It can be very frustrating to back off that much but your recovery time from a long run is essentially zero. Keep it slow and pour on the distance. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ