On Wisconsin! (Read 2075 times)

xor

Good point, my bad.

Speaking of which, Gadhafi now claims that the uprising in Libya is the work of Osama bin Laden, who, he says, spiked the Nescafe coffee of the country's youth with hallucinogenic pills in order to exploit them.

At leas he didn't blame Sasquatch, that dude is getting a bad enough rap as it is.

He hasn't had much to do since the Sonics skipped town.

p23

Dear Wisconsin: You DID win the superbowl.

an amazing likeness

Funny. 

How so?

Last I knew, the Koch brothers and their $ weren't able to vote in Wisconsin, however the citizens of Wisconsin seem to be engaged voters:

Wisconsin
      Average voter registration rate: 80.8
      Average voter participation rate: 62.9

mta: Re-reading my posting to which Jeff refers with his snort of disdain, I can see that my phrase "..voters have ultimate control in who they.." was poorly worded with regards to my intent of saying that the voters can get a law changed by electing different legislative representatives.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

Speaking of which, Gadhafi now claims that the uprising in Libya is the work of Osama bin Laden, who, he says, spiked the Nescafe coffee of the country's youth with hallucinogenic pills in order to exploit them.

So he's saying that the O-man roofied a country?

xor

So he's saying that the O-man roofied a country?

Holy shit, I KNOW WHERE HE'S HIDING.

Oman.  All this time.  How could we have been so dumb!

Purdey

Self anointed title

Holy shit, I KNOW WHERE HE'S HIDING.

Oman.  All this time.  How could we have been so dumb!

Let's invade and really screw the country up.

I drank that Arabian Nescafe ALL winter in '04-05.  I couldn't' stop.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Why is it sideways?

mta: Re-reading my posting to which Jeff refers with his snort of disdain, I can see that my phrase "..voters have ultimate control in who they.." was poorly worded with regards to my intent of saying that the voters can get a law changed by electing different legislative representatives.

Tone is hard to read on the internet. A snort of disdain was not intended, though I can see how my post could be construed that way.

MTA: Yeah, I was just implying (rudely) that there's more to politics than citizens voting. I think you agree with that.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I drank that Arabian Nescafe ALL winter in '04-05.  I couldn't' stop.

Yep...and look what happened to Egypt. I think we are onto something.

The King of Beasts

I think you agree with that.

I disagree.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Why is it sideways?

xor

Oh man.

Why is it sideways?

Joke.

xor

Here is/are the O man's running shorts boxers.  As you can see, he'd be difficult to spot.  (edit: you know, when he's just wearing his boxers)

Oh man.

an amazing likeness

MTA: Yeah, I was just implying (rudely) that there's more to politics than citizens voting. I think you agree with that.

I didn't read or feel rude, only a fair skepticism.

I do agree voting is to politics as sex is to raising the resulting child.

mikeymike

I do agree voting is to politics as sex is to raising the resulting child.

Runners run