Pre-Dawn Patrol (Read 678 times)

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Another CR refugee here, We has a daily thread called the Pre-Dawn Patrol that I would like to start over here. I will suggest that we make it more than a daily thread and extend it out over a longer period of time. Let me know what y'all think. So to catch everyone up on recent events. I have been nursing a nagging issue ( I won't use the Inj888 word) since JFK50 in November and finally ran pain free last night for the first time. Although the pain was more in my anterior shin I stopped by the LRS and pickup up a Patellar Tendon Strap ,just to see if it would make a difference. Well it worked like a charm and I got in a 5 mile run just below LT pace. So today I'm giving the run a rest and will get in an hour bike on the trainer during lunch. Looks like I'll be back on track for the Miami Marathon in January Yes I sure hope other CR refuge's make it here and that I meet new people as well. Kevin

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
    My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
    Ride 112 miles.
    Run 26.2 miles.
    Then brag for the rest of your life.
    -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

wanderingoutlaw

I guess I'm going to have to get used to you not being "tecdad" No run for me this morning as I slept a little later than expected. I did bring running clothes to work with me, though, so hopefully I'll get in thirty minutes or so before eating. Starting Friday, my posting will be infrequent with planned Christmas activities.

John

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Hi John, glad you found the new thread. I hope you get your run in later. I hope the new username is not confusing. I just thought that since i was moving to a new site, it would be a good time to change my username to something more attune to my hobby, Triathlon Big grin Unlike "The other place" this site makes that much easier to do as well as displaying an avatar in an easily accepted size.

Swim 2.4 miles.
        Ride 112 miles.
        Run 26.2 miles.

Hi Tri-Kev. I'm running Miami too! Have you run it before?
          ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Hi Shaunna, It will be my first time running Miami. We registered just a couple of weeks ago as we got roped into this by some friends in our real-life running club. I will run it as a training long run while I prepare for the National Marathon in March. You will have an advantage of training in the local weather. We will be coming down from the DC area and cold. My wife and I are also running the 5K the day before.

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.

Very nice! Yeah, it's still quite warm here. I'm hoping a cold front goes through before the race, then it might at least get down into the 60s.
                Hey Gang Nice to see you all. Thanks Kevin....I'm now migrated also. Have you heard from the rest of the gang? John - Ukhum, enjoy your rest.... Smile
                Happy Running,
                Troy
                "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

wanderingoutlaw

Managed to run 3.2 miles at lunch. My heart rate quickly increased to my MAF heart rate and my run ended up slower than anticipated. Hopefully when I get back to a more regular running schedule--after the holidays--my MAF pace will quicken.

John

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

John I bet your MAF is lower after all the holiday stress. I'm going out for a nice MAF run this evening during DS soccer Practice myself.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                    Ride 112 miles.
                    Run 26.2 miles.

wanderingoutlaw

Ran 4.4 miles this morning. 43F degrees out--felt good. The run was slow like the others from this week.

John

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

John Nice run in relatively warm temps. No run for me this morning. I did get in 6 last night during DS' soccer practice. Today will be elliptical and weights at lunch.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                        Ride 112 miles.
                        Run 26.2 miles.

Good morning, I found my way over and am in the process of importing my training log. What was the reason for Cool Running making just a drastic change? Anyway, I am glad we found a new home. I got in 4 miles this morning. I think I am finally about over my cold. I didn't cough even once on my run this morning. Have a great day. Jackie

Jackie

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Hi Jackie I'm glad you found your way. CR was having a lot of difficulties with it's old hardware and software and I think the transition and new interface didn't go as planned Dead Hopefully some new folks such as Shaunna will join us in our pre-dawn runs and workouts too Anyway, I'm glad you found your way over here and your cold is better. good to see you out running!

Swim 2.4 miles.
                            Ride 112 miles.
                            Run 26.2 miles.

Kevin- As soon as I get back on schedule I will probably be joining you on the Pre-Dawn post. As I said in another thread, I am taking most of December off so I don't have alot to post running wise right now.
                              http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                              ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Alan We look forward to hearing from you in the new year. Well, I got in 13.2 miles, my longest run since JFK50 and I feel like I'm back on track for Miami in January. The miles were at a nice MAF pace as I kept my HR below 140bpm for the entire run. Hurray! I realize that many folks are probably off for the Holiday(s) so I hope to hear from a bunch of you in the new year. If you get a chance post your yearly totals. Im a little over 1650 running miles so far Cool

Swim 2.4 miles.
                                Ride 112 miles.
                                Run 26.2 miles.