A Thursday Night 5K July 24th in Reading, MA (Read 682 times)

mikeymike

I'm helping organize a 5K road race in Reading, MA next Thursday, July 24th for those who are interested. It starts/finishes at Memorial Park and features the last 1/4 mile on grass. There will be cool pint glass prizes, a gravity climbing wall (whatever that is) and lots of other fun stuff. The course will be accurate (and I'll make sure) and the timing will be done by Yankee Timing. More info can be found HERE. And you can REGISTER ONLINE HERE. I will not be running as I'm one of the organizers but I will be there if any RA'ers want to meet up in person. I'll likely be the yahoo with the bullhorn. Hope to meet some RA'ers there. There are rumors of beer being present but I cannot confirm that, nor can I condone public drinking as a member of the race committee. Wink

Runners run

Len

Damn Yankee

Yankee Timing
      The irony is almost painful.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Nice new picture, Mike.
        L Train

Mike - I'd ordinarily be there, but we'll be out of town. Good luck with the race and carefull with that bullhorn.

mikeymike

Nice new picture, Mike.
            Thanks! The winter cap looked out of place in July. Len, Red Sox timing, which is obviously superior, was booked that night. Lance, catch you at the next race--are you running Newburyport Yankee Homecoming? Hey, Len, there's that word again.

Runners run

The timing on this race is convenient; I've been looking for a 5k to get a fitness benchmark, and I will be staying with my uncle in Hopkinton next week. If I'm feeling good that day I might end up going over. I can register on the day of the race, right?
              mikeymike

I can register on the day of the race, right?
                Yup! Hope to see you there.

Runners run

jeffdonahue

I just have to check my calendar when I get home tonight but I think I am going to be there - this is a flat course right? Wink
                  jeffdonahue

The timing on this race is convenient; I've been looking for a 5k to get a fitness benchmark, and I will be staying with my uncle in Hopkinton next week. If I'm feeling good that day I might end up going over. I can register on the day of the race, right?
                    Where are you from that you think Hopkinton is near Reading?
                    mikeymike

I just have to check my calendar when I get home tonight but I think I am going to be there - this is a flat course right? Wink
                      It's basically flat, not as flat as the lake. Obviously. Ill post a course map later. Lowest point is about 90 feet, highest point is 120 feet. There's a few small ups and downs but nothing steep or significant. MTA: Course Map.

Runners run

L Train

Lance, catch you at the next race--are you running Newburyport Yankee Homecoming?
                        Yes I am. Hopefully it will be brutally hot as always.

Where are you from that you think Hopkinton is near Reading?
                          A very rural area of Vermont. An hour drive just doesn't feel long to me when that's how far I have to go to find a race around here, or even a Walmart for that matter. And the races around here don't even have cool pint glass prizes and some sort of climbing wall!
                          jeffdonahue

A very rural area of Vermont. An hour drive just doesn't feel long to me when that's how far I have to go to find a race around here, or even a Walmart for that matter. And the races around here don't even have cool pint glass prizes and some sort of climbing wall!
                            Ahhhh.. Vermont, home of those ever-loving Leaf-peepers. I used to have clients up there adn I cant count the number of accidents I almost got into on those long, curvy mountain roads because some idiot decided it looked like a nice place to stop in the middle of the highway to take a picture of the foliage.
                            jeffdonahue

Okay, I just registered. I havent run a 5K in almost 2 months so I will be interested to see how I do - hopefully this freaking heat and humidity will die down by then. Big grin
                              jeffdonahue

Okay, heat and humidity are down a little, but what's with all this freaking rain now??? Hey Mike, is this race going off rain or shine (or lightning or thunder)?? I'll be there, but just want to make sure I have something to run. Smile MTA - I should be wearing black shorts with a red "Winchester Highlanders" shirt