The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

Is this rule only about Boston jackets, or are other shirts/jackets taboo too? I always followed the concert t-shirt rule - you can't wear the shirt of the band you're listening to.

I recently wore a t-shirt to a Yellowcard concert that I had gotten at another concert of theirs nearly 10 years ago. Does that break the rule or is it only a brand new shirt? 

Is this rule only about Boston jackets, or are other shirts/jackets taboo too? I always followed the concert t-shirt rule - you can't wear the shirt of the band you're listening to.

I follow that rule, too. However, I found out it doesn't apply at Metallica shows.

I signed up for the San Francisco marathon in 2010, and got injured during the training; the injury more or less prevented me from running for six whole months, and a futher 6 months with just 2-3 miles twice a week. I never thought I wouod be able to run a marathon, even a half seemed a stretch. I finally ran my first marathon this year, and I wear the race t-shirt with pride. I don't see anything wrong with that, so equally, I do not see anything wrong with someone wearing a BQ jacket with pride either. 

There was a survey on RW about pet hates, and I think top of the list was runners who wear the race-shirt at a race. I do not do that, but really didn't understand where the problem was either.  

Personal bests (bold = this year): 5K - 23:27 / 5M - 38:42 / 10K - 49:31 (track) / 10M - 1:24:26 / HM - 1:51:17 / M - 3:58:58

Next races: NYC Marathon, Nov 2014