Zoomy's 1st "I like to set the bar really low" Marathon Report (Read 1628 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats Kirsten, you salty wench! Thanks for the good read! You did great Smile

jfa

Way to Go Zoomy you maniac!!! We were all pulling for you!!!!

Congrats on your finish. This is a great race report! I'm so happy for you! Bacon and fried cheese curds... yum. hey, maybe they should make fried cheese curds with bacon mixed in them. that would be tasty!
        -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.
          You need a revenge marathon...soon! Pick one 3 months out. Congratulations!!!
          kcam

Zoom, You might want to try that Yoga again, man that warrior position is a b!tch post marathon.
            My wife and I tried doing this Yoga thing (from a DVD we bought) it was hilarious. We did it religiously for a few weeks then interest waned. The only poses I remember were 'cat' pose and 'exalted warrior' pose. We would sit there in this EW pose waiting for the Yoga dude to say "Ok" and he would just hold that thing ... we used to joke that he must have fell asleep! Good times!
              Yay Zoomie! I knew you could do it! I think you went into it well prepared, and you never know what will happen to you in those last ~6 miles which makes the first one a bit of a learning experience. I think it's awesome that a few weeks ago you were so sick of training and saying that you weren't sure you would ever do another one and now you're already gearing up for your second. I think with some salt and your magic Superfeet you will knock your PR out of the water at your next attempt. Big grin
                I kept stalking the forum looking for your race report, and then suddenly it's on page 7! Congratulations!!!! You are an inspiration to me, someday I will run a marathon!!! Congrats again, great job!!

http://www.runningnotes.net

Top 'O the World!

{{{{{{{{{{{Kirsten!}}}}}}}}}} What kin I say?! You RAWK GIRL!!! Smile Cool
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, You might want to try that Yoga again, man that warrior position is a b!tch post marathon.
                    Oh. Hell. NO! Just the thought of it makes Baby Cheezus cry. Cry

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You need a revenge marathon...soon! Pick one 3 months out. Congratulations!!!
                      Yeah...Jan marathons in the Midwest...um, not so much! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Oh. Hell. NO! Just the thought of it makes Baby Cheezus cry. Cry
                        LOL, ya I'm pretty sure the native american guy on my DVD did not run a marathon before he did that video! But it did help. Did you get your massage yet?

Bugs

xor

Woohoo! #1 is done. Sorry that things went ape banana wacky shit. The first one is always ALWAYS hard to gauge. Some stuff gets easier over time... and some things remain Heavy Mystery. Looking back, it is *possible* that your legs would have felt better by drinking more of the Endurance and/or taking electrolyte capsules... but really? You made the reasoned, reasonable call not to monkey with things on race day. Had you done it differently, you might not have had the issues you had. And you might have had some uglier ones. It will always be your first AND it sounds to me like you have some good memories and had some fun in there somewhere. You did a very hard thing. Be proud of that. Now that you've had a couple days to reflect, how do you feel?

Why is it sideways?

Nice read, zoomy. I like the attitude.
                              congratulations and way to go! Like many others here, I was stalking the forums looking for your report from Sunday afternoon onward. Smile

Half Fanatic #846

You need a revenge marathon...
                                This is exactly the way I picture your "never quit" HTFU attitude, and I know you wil do well on your next one! Thanks for that great report and congrats on becoming a MARATHONER!! Cool Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!