Zoomy's 1st "I like to set the bar really low" Marathon Report (Read 1628 times)

SMART Approach

Congrats Zoomy! Great job! Your next one will be even better. Life is one big learning experience!!!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Life is Good

Congrats! and thanks for the post..My Hubby and I are running in our first Half in November and we have a goal for a Full Marathon in May 09, you have given us plenty to think about, the hubby probably ready ( he's been running for years although only long runs in the last year or so) me I am comfy with the half, and I want to do a full but..IDK we will have to wait and see. Confused

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congrats Zoomy! Great job! Your next one will be even better. Life is one big learning experience!!!
        Hey, you! Haven't seen you around in a while. If I ever end up wanting to do a Spring race GB is high on my list of possibilities. Especially since my sister lives there, so I'd even have free lodging and a cheering squad with my 2 nephews! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CONGRATULATIONS Kirsten!!! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post earlier, but I read the report as soon as it went up and I'm so incredibly happy for you. You did such an awesome job. And the next one's going to be even better. You trained very hard and very smart and had a great race. Enjoy the high and be so proud of yourself! I have a feeling you're going to be hooked! Don't forget -- plan on joining me and Freckles for Loch Ness Marathon 2010!!
            Excellent report.......and don't worry about the time...you did GREAT.... Pretty soon you will be running in Boston...... Shocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't forget -- plan on joining me and Freckles for Loch Ness Marathon 2010!!
              I think DH thinks I'm kidding when I talk about that race! Heck, if he gets to keep doing crazy ass bike rides in Death Valley with fun time spent in Vegas, then I think some time communing with Nessie is deserved on my end. After all, "If it's not Scottish, it's crap!" Wink

~ Sarah Kay

SMART Approach

Hey, you! Haven't seen you around in a while. If I ever end up wanting to do a Spring race GB is high on my list of possibilities. Especially since my sister lives there, so I'd even have free lodging and a cheering squad with my 2 nephews! Big grin
                Well, I have been reading a bit but not many posts. So darn busy with work so something has to give. I do miss it though. Yes, Green Bay Marathon the last 3 years have been great. You'd enjoy it and running through Lambeau is a treat. I personallly don't need to do it but others really like it. The temp the last 3 years was between 39-43 degrees at the start which I personally like for race performance. Don't like it afterwards though when trying to drink some beer and eat some brats. Cold cold standing around!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The temp the last 3 years was between 39-43 degrees at the start which I personally like for race performance. Don't like it afterwards though when trying to drink some beer and eat some brats. Cold cold standing around!
                  That's what you get for running so fast--if you'd run slower it could be 5-10ยบ warmer at the finish! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Ringmaster

I don't know how I've missed this rr for so long; I'd been looking for it! CONGRATS, Zoomy! You're a marathoner, girl! Nothing will ever take that accomplishment away from you. We're all so proud to be called your friends. And I plan to pick your brain plenty. Big grin

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                    Mile by Mile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We're all so proud to be called your friends.
                      No, you're schmoopy! Big grin (((hug))) Definitely pick my brain, but pickins were slim before the race. Now I can't guarantee that there's much left. I still feel pretty drained mentally and physically.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

..."If it's no' Scottish, it's shite!" Wink
                        Fixed. BTW I recommend the haggis for carb loading.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Fixed. BTW I recommend the haggis for carb loading.
                          Oh, and I heartily recommend the black pudding for race morning breakfast.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey, haggis was the original brown-bag lunch. Comes with its own edible carrying case.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can't I just have some scotch ale and haddock & chips? Confused

~ Sarah Kay

wanderingoutlaw

Congratulations, Kirsten, on completing your first marathon! Way to persevere through the cramps. May your next one be much smoother.

John