Added workout comments (Read 1006 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

It's long over due but it's better than never.  I added the ability to comment on other users' workouts.  When you view a workout, there'll be a text box at the bottom of the page that will let you add a comment. Obviously, you won't be able to make a comment if you can't see the workout, as in the case where the log is private.  You also can't be the first person to comment on your own workouts.

When you receive a workout comment, you'll see the comment icon light up at the top of the page, next to the RunningAHEAD logo.  If you don't want others to comment on your workouts, go to Options -> My Log Preferences and uncheck the "Workout comments" option.

I also added a similar icon for the personal messages up top since the two are quite similar in functionality.  Enjoy!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This is very cool, Eric Smile.  Thanks many times over!

xhristopher

I just notice this and figured I've been out of it and missed it for weeks. Alas, It's only been here 20 minutes. Thanks Eric. Now I've got a new way to badger folks.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And the comments have a little X in the upper right corner, so I think you can delete them if you want. Nifty. (Thanks to Trent for showing me that.)

I guess you can delete comments on your workouts? You can also delete your own comments on someone else's?

You can comment more than once on a workout, even multiple times in succession -- but you may need to refresh the page to get the comment edit box to reappear after you've just commented.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jpdeaux

"No one has commented in your workouts yet."

What's worse than people talking about you behind your back? People not talking about you. Big grin

Nice work Eric.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

"No one has commented in your workouts yet."

In unrelated news, your log is private.

Other notes (just discovered):

- The new comment list includes one's own comments, which is kind of funny

- If someone deletes my comment, I don't get a notification (I was just curious about this)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jpdeaux

You have to be a member of a club I belong to. otoh, any club that would have me as a member...

Thanks, Eric! Nice feature!

Are the icons for PMs and workout comments new too? Well, the workout comments icon must be new ... I must go and comment on someone's workout now.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I also added a similar icon for the personal messages up top

Smile

Ha, ok, I just realized I only read the 1st paragraph of Eric's post.

Cool Jump Suit

Very nice!!

So bittersweet,
                        This tragedy
                        Won't ask for absolution;
                        This melody,
                        Inside of me,
                        Still searches for solution.
                        A twist of faith,
                        A change of heart
                        Cures my infatuation.
                        A broken heart, 
                        Provides the spark
                        For my determination.

Feeling the growl again

Very cool, sir.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Dad, Runner, Programmer

Awesome!  Thanks so much for adding this, eric Smile

2015 Goal:For now, keep running!

JML

Thanks Eric.  You rule!

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

Excellent job Eric!  You are the man!  Thanks again for making this site AWESOME.

2012 Goals: 

• Complete River To Sea Race
                                • Bike 1000 Miles
                                • Run 300 Miles
                                • Lose 15 pounds