The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

The ability to respectfully disagree seems to be a lost art.  And one that you are criticized for, if you do possess it.

The question of what Biden did in his 47 years kept coming up and was never answered, but one of the things he was most known for was reaching across the aisle to make deals or cosponsor bills with Republicans. Not only to people seem to no longer care about this, it’s often seen as a weakness, by current voters on both sides. Sad.

Dave

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

To the extent of my knowledge, Biden was not president during those 47 years. Not once. So I am not sure why the bar is set to that.

Prince of Fatness

To the extent of my knowledge, Biden was not president during those 47 years. Not once. So I am not sure why the bar is set to that.

Because that’s what Trump does.

Not at it at all. 

Because when you’re interviewing for a job, even if you have not held that exact position, you need to sell what you have accomplished in previous jobs. Totally reasonable to question that. He ought to have a very long list of accomplishments to tick off. 

Dave

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Not sure that this is the model the prior successful job applicants used...

Because when you’re interviewing for a job, even if you have not held that exact position, you need to sell what you have accomplished in previous jobs. Totally reasonable to question that. He ought to have a very long list of accomplishments to tick off.

Not sure that this is the model the prior successful job applicants used...

Who didn’t do that?

Dave

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trump's background did not include any accomplishments relevant to being a president

Many argue the same for Obama

Trump's background did not include any accomplishments relevant to being a president

Many argue the same for Obama

Trump promoted being a successful businessman, so therefore he understood the economy. And he built these businesses so he knew how to create jobs. He promoted being a deal maker, so he could negotiate good deals with foreign leaders. Etc etc. It was all bullshit but that’s what he sold.

Obama of course had a whole different vibe, but promoted his experience as a community organizer to bring people together and find common ground in a divided country.

Dave

Running Problem

Problem Child

Good to see the moderators here keep this thread focused on COVID 19 and don't lock it down when it becomes a discussion about the 2020 Presidential debate(s).

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The first 62 pages were strictly on topic though.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The first 62 pages were strictly on topic though.

Excellent point.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

Good to see the moderators here keep this thread focused on COVID 19 and don't lock it down when it becomes a discussion about the 2020 Presidential debate(s).

Well it's not really off topic.  On one extreme we have Trump claiming a vaccine before the election when it is verifiably impossible, and on the other we have Biden claiming Trump is personally responsible for 200K deaths (or 200M, in his senior moments, I guess we're all dead and don't know it) and that he would have prevented that, apparently by mandating masks which studies have shown are marginally better than nothing.  All while claiming Trump was xenophobic for shutting down travel from China.  And he can't decide if he would have the authority to mandate or not. And all other countries regardless of their Trumpishness have had to deal with similar results.  We live in truly sad times.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Now that our sitting president has a tested positive for COVID-19, the presidential debate is even more on topic. 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Now that our sitting president has a tested positive for COVID-19, the presidential debate is even more on topic. 

Ideally he will die now.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22